Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Who would adopt who?

I know we?re loathe to think of a time when Foster?s would be without Wilt, Eduardo and Coco. If they are adopted, it would ruin the show for a lot of us. But remember, they are there to be adopted. They might love being there, and being with their friends given how long they?ve been there, but their soul purpose being there is in the hopes of being adopted. I know we?ve had polls before of ?who would you adopt?, but I began wondering just what kind of child would adopt who?

Wilt?s obviously the kind of imaginary friend who was created to help improve someone. He did it as not only a basketball teacher, but also helped improve the kind of person Jordan was. His idealistic child would probably be someone who needs help improving their game. But given his now obvious handicap of having one arm and one eye, some children may not be so keen as to adopt him. Although, I?d like to imagine a child who wants to play basketball, but is in a wheelchair would make a great child for Wilt to be adopted by. The child is obvious without the use of their legs, much how Wilt is without the use of one of his arms, but isn?t allowing it to keep him (or her, we never know) down and out from playing a sport they love. Wilt definitely has the know how as to how to teach someone, especially a child, but to be able to connect on a level of understanding how it feels to be handicapped and not allowing it to rule your life would be fantastic for him.

Coco?s purpose of being created is still up in the air. Was she created through the delusions of a child, obviously suffering sun stroke and being without interaction with other people, or was she created to really just be a friend to have fun with? We won?t know until we (hopefully) see an episode about her. But I feel, given her free spirited nature and devil-may-care attitude, I think she?d be perfect for a child who would be labelled ?artistic?. You know the kind of kid who likes to paint, draw, and has a fun silly attitude as well. Not as crazy as Goo heavens no, but I feel that kind of child would adore Coco for her individuality, her design, and her personality as well. While Coco can be a crazy larrikin one moment, she can be a real friend the next if she needs to be.

We all know from the episode ?Sweet Stench of Success? that Eduardo is one of the rare friends who we know the label of, he?s a guardian. And that was proved even more-so with Nina?s story of how she grew up in a bad neighbourhood, and needed somebody to help scare all the bad guys away; but also be a perfect play mate for a little girl who was into all things frilly and pink. Eduardo fits the need like a glove, so I think he?d be best going to more then likely a little girl. I don?t think any boys (unless extreme girly boys) would really handle him. Sure he has the looks of a monster, but his personality counters his appearance like a mirror. He shouldn?t have to go to a bad neighbourhood per say, but maybe a little girl who is teased a lot at school and has a bad self confidence level. Eduardo would be there to help her feel better at the end of every day with his usual way (probably tea parties and lots of hugs) but also would physically put himself between her and those who upset/scare her if the need arose.

But yeah, that's just my ideas. Coco's isn't really spot on, neither is Eduardo's. Wilt's I'm happy with. But what do you guys think? What kind of child is suited for Wilt, Coco, and Eduardo? And if not them, who else in the house? Just curious.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote