Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default We Had SNOW...in NOVEMBER!

Did I mention that I live in South Carolina? This is NOT supposed to happen! This is so not normal for us! It didn't stick, since the ground is still too warm, but it really came down like a blizzard around 9:30 this morning, for like 15 minutes, before turning over to hard sleet(which coated my windshield, making the trip from my first school to the second one quite, uhm, interesting), then a drenching cold rain. I mean I'm not too far from the big Five Uh-Oh, and I have NEVER seen so much as a single snowflake this early in the year; it's not even officially WINTER yet! We normally don't even get a slight threat of frozen precipitation until January, and most winters come and go with no snow at all(like last year). The "experts" in weather prediction(same guys who said this year's hurricane season would be even worse than the 2005 hurricane season, the one that brought Katrina)have been saying it's going to be a mild winter for those of us in the South, but the animals have been "saying" otherwise. I've never seen such thick fur coats on the critters, and my snakes went into hibernation in early October, even though they're in the house!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote