Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #10
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Think about it, though, people-who is more believable and respectable, someone who has always been a perfect "Goody Two-Shoes", always having done the right thing, or a person who has managed to turn their own life around for the better, making a choice to to stop doing what is wrong and using their talents and abilities now to HELP others? Who would you figure would be more respectable, especially for kids who might themselves be involved with not-so-nice things? Someone who's always been perfect is not believable, even in an animated character, because no real person is like that. Someone who's made some really bad mistakes in the past, and is now working to change that, is a much better role model because what they say and do now has more credence to it. A kid who is toying with the notion of joining a gang can look at someone who's never done anything wrong, and just think, "Yeah, right! What a wuss!", but if they know that this person has struggled with the same issues that they themselves now face, and overcome them, that makes the redeemed character much more "solid" and respectable, and a better example. I know that I cannot have much respect for someone who's telling me how to do things and live MY life, when I know that they have not had to face the same issues that I have, but if I know that they've been through what I am going through, and overcome it, what they now say and do has more meaning for me, personally.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote