Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
Government Man
Evil Minion in Training

The legends...they're true!  

Post Comic Con 2007: Hotel Guide (UPDATED February 5th)

Government Man's (largely cribbed) Guide to San Diego Hotels-- UPDATED

Note: Updates are in bloo

I started research to decide where Sparky and I are going to stay for the 2007 San Diego Comic Con. The Con website has announced their hotel specials ( see this thread ). It's not a good idea to announce on a public board like this one exactly who's going where and when, but I thought some of you might find the following useful.

Part I: San Diego Neighborhoods

The 2007 San Diego Comic Con will be held in the San Diego Convention Center, located "in the heart of Downtown San Diego" (see map). All of Downtown is within a mile of the Convention Center, so getting a hotel there means you can walk. The airport is northeast of Downtown. North of the airport is Old Town (3 miles from the Convention Center) and east of that is Mission Valley (4 miles from the Convention Center), where the vast majority of affordable hotels are.

San Diego has a trolley system to handle public transportation. See the orange and blue lines on the map for the routes; the plus symbols mark the stations the trolleys stop at. For those taking the train, the Amtrak station is located where the orange and blue lines meet (south of #18). The trolley runs through Old Town and Mission Valley, so I'll be posting about hotels there in a few days.

Last edited by Government Man; 02-05-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: February updates