Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG
Default Tales of Fosters

Note: Just random short stories dealing with little events in the lives of those in Fosters. I'll write them when inspiration hits, as always! So far I have a few written, but I'll keep at least a day or so between each story post.

Ladies first.

Frankie's Day

"Oh man...!" Frankie stood at the top floor of Fosters and took in the sight of the damage awaiting her. It had been discovered just that morning that Bloo was 'sleep walking' and bumping into things. Frankie highly suspected lies from the short blue troublemaker, but either way it was she who was saddled with the task of picking up the things that had been partially destroyed.

A few vases had been smacked over, luckily not the breakable kind but that didn't stop the water and flowers that were being held within from splashing out over the carpets. There were some pictures from the walls laying face down on the ground as well.

It was all just another day of chores for the redhead. She rolled up her sleeves and got to work. First thing first was to pick up the dead flowers and put them in the bin. She did this quickly enough, sustaining a rose thorn prick to a finger. "Ow!" she sucked on her finger with an angry scowl on her face before picking up the fallen frames and putting them back to where they belong.

One was of herself with Wilt, Eduardo and Coco back when she was ten. All were wearing roller skates, attempting to move. Frankie smirked at Wilt who was fighting gravity with all his might whilst Eduardo was already flat on his stomach. Coco meanwhile was skating past them all, already a natural.

"Man. I've grown up a lot." she mused to herself as she hung the photo back where it belonged. Having cleared the vases and their pedestals away momentarily, Frankie rolled up the carpet and made her way down the many flights of stairs. Once arriving outside she hung the carpet on the washing line, and left it there to dry in the sun. Back upstairs she went, waving to the Imaginaries she came across replacing the wet carpet with a dry one.

She always had back ups in case of such emergencies. Frankie opened up her supply room door and walked in, flicking a light on. There were many rolls of different shaped and styled carpets, spare blankets, pillows, plates, forks, knives, drink glasses, coffee mugs, slippers... any and everything that might get destroyed. Frankie walked into the room and began searching for a carpet that would match the upstairs one, when the door suddenly slammed shut.

Normally this would be no cause for alarm. But this wasn't one of those normal moments. No, the door locked automatically and could only be opened from outside. So young Frankie Foster was pretty much locked in the room.

She responded like any levelheaded woman would. Frankie screamed in both fear and annoyance at being locked on the top floor of Fosters, yelled for help despite the knowledge that nobody lived upstairs and rarely came up here, and growled at her own stupidity for not having put something in the doorway to stop it from closing.

"Oh jeeze what am I gonna do?" she asked herself, "I can't get out of here and it'll be hours before that stupid rabbit notices I'm gone! I'm stuck in here!" Frankie ranted aloud, before slowly realizing just what had happened.

She was locked in a room. With mattresses. Pillows. Dressing gowns. Socks. Slippers. And a small TV resting in the corner, an old black and white model but a TV none the less.

Frankie searched in her pocket first, and pulled out her cell phone. She realized, very easily, she could call Herriman's office to tell him of her problem. He would come and let her out right away. But then again... she flicked the phone off, placed it back in her pocket, and set about her business.

It wasn't ten minutes later that Frankie was spread out on a soft mattress, an incredibly big fluffy pillow that could very well BE a mattress supporting her back and neck. A nice woolly dressing gown covered her, nice slippers covered her feet, and she was watching the TV.

"Life gives you lemons," she said randomly as she watched the midday movie begin, "make lemonade."

She knew she would catch slack from the rabbit for this later. But at this moment Frankie just didn't care. This was a mini holiday so she was going to make the most of what she had, while she had it.

Chores can always wait.

END
CG is offline   Reply With Quote