Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
kammy101
Newly Abandoned

Kissy, kissy  

Default April Showers

You may have remember my previous character, Chihiro Hizunaka, but after months of thinking, her name is now April Hyun. I hope you enjoy this story, since this is my first one. Also, April Hyun is a human, not imaginary.

April Showers

Chapter 1: Who’s she?

“All right, class, take your seats.” the teacher rang out after the bell rang. The children raced to their assigned seats and watched the teacher as he spoke. “Before we start class, I would like to introduce you to a new student in our school.”

The door swung open as the child was shown; she was an Asian-American and looked like the age of 7 or 8 years old with short black hair with a violet ribbon on the left side of her head. She wore a light purple coat that had one button attached at her chest, while wearing a collared white shirt, a blue skirt with white platform shoes. Her outfit looked like a school uniform. She was looking down at the floor as she dragged herself to the desk.

“Her name is April Hyun , she just moved into town a few days ago, so please make her feel welcome,” the teacher introduced. One of the classmates felt sympathy in her, for he knew it must have been a tough experience for the new kid. The boy named “Mac” , looked back at her as she chose a seat away from.

“Alright, now we have a lot to learn today. Open your textbooks to page 184,” the teacher explained as she went up to the board to begin his lesson. Mac still stared back at the child, until other girls were whispering and sniggering to each other.

“What kind of family names their kid that?” her friend replied to her friend. Mac listened to the group of friends giggling, rather than the teacher.

“Hey, guys knock it off, she’s a new kid. Why should she be treated differently, just because she came here? I mean, like how would you feel if you were a new kid?” Mac argued as the girls stared at him.

“I bet that she doesn’t know about fashion or charm; look at those hand-me-down clothes and those braids” one of them teased, and started laughing. The teacher stopped her lesson being slightly annoyed and scowled at the two girls.

“Quiet, back there!” the Teacher commanded as children felt silent. Mac still felt bad for the new kid, who wrote effortlessly with no confidence or pride. He turned around and saw April with her head down in shame, until her eyes went up at the staring boy and waved briefly at him, as he waved back.

The teacher stopped her lesson about Louis and Clark’s journeys and saw Mac’s head turned at April and had a scowl on her face and shouted, “Mac, eyes forward, while I’m talking.”

“Sorry.” replied Mac as she continued her lesson, he was thinking about her all day long. He hasn’t had an experience like this before in his life as an 8-year old. Through out recess, the boy was out playing a game of dodge ball with the other children.

As he was dodging, catching, missing, twirling and ducking from one ball to another, he was still in the game. Until his eyes weren’t facing the kid who was about to throw the ball at him, he was actually staring at April, who was sitting down at a nearby table underneath a tree’s shadows and was she had in her hands was a book that she borrowed from the library. Her eyes were studying word after word, sentence after sentence, paragraph after paragraph, page after page, chapter after chapter.

That was until, her eyes were spotting around the playground and darted towards Mac, who was actually hit in the head with a ball, which snapped him out of his mind. He rubbed the sore at the corner of his head; the most popular kid, Riche Wildebrat walked up to him chuckling in amusement.

“What were staring at? The ball was near you.” Riche asked rudely as Mac’s eyes widened at the question. His face started to blush.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” he chuckled nervously.

“You’re staring at the new kid, aren’t you?” Richie asked pointing up at the 8-year old girl reading her novel. “If I were you, I wouldn’t be friends with her, who knows what kind of kid she is.”

“Yeah, she might be an old-fashion style kid; I mean look at her clothes.” One girl commented pointed at her.

“She might even be a geek, she just reading a book,” An African-American boy also said. The other children listening were laughing as April had an embarrassed look on her face and put the book to her face in shame. Mac had just about enough of those kids teasing her behind her back.

“This is just her first day and you guys are making it worse for her, I bet,” Mac complained as Richie’s eyebrow and smiled evilly.

“You’ll see, she might not be like as you think,” Richie told him as he and his friends walked away from the courts, laughing, as Mac went up to the girl who was still studying her book. Mac sat on the other side of the wooden bench, with a sad smile on his face.

“Hey, there,” Mac finally said, as April stared from her book to the boy with a small frown on her face which formed into a smile.

“Hi; You‘re Mac aren‘t you?” April asked in a quiet and timid voice; it seemed obvious that she heard what the other children were rumoring about.

“Yeah,” he responded; she actually heard his name while in class. He was about to ask her another question to listen to her speak, for it seemed that she wasn’t much of a social person; unfortunately, the bell alerted loudly for final period of the day. She then put her book inside her lavender backpack and got up to her feet.
“Well, it was nice to meet you, Mac,” April concluded the slightly awkward first impression; Mac nodded back and she headed back into the school building and Mac followed. When the final bell rang, the children stampeded out through the school doors, except Mac, who felt like his skull was going to explode from his pop quiz, which was more difficult than he thought it would.

His eyes widened when he saw April, walking down the street with her feet dragging on the concrete sidewalk. Mac thought that, Bloo might wait for him for another couple minutes, without growing impatient; he rushed up to her.

“Hey, Mac,” April said.

“Hey, that quiz was pretty hard wasn’t it? “Mac asked, trying to get her to talk. The subject of their conversation felt a bit awkward, talking about school work. As she still dragged her feet on the concrete, she opened her mouth to speak.

“Uh…Yeah. What’d you get?” The girl asked, feeling a little ashamed of asking about his grade; worried that he might have a better grade than her. She can be a bit curious about everyone’s lives; it was kind of a habit for her.

Mac didn’t expect that question to come out of her. It was like she was acting as her mother, but he responded, “A B- .”

“Oh, really

“Umm…home,” April stated as she was still walking in a quicker pace. Mac just stood there and went to Foster’s where he usually meets his imaginary friend, Bloo. He went inside, open the door. Until a scream was heard from a large monster with purple fur, who was known as Eduardo.

He picked up Mac in his arms and swung him around while he was crying. “Senor Mac, thank goodness; you’re safe Bloo said that you was eaten by aliens!”

“Oh, he did, did he,” Mac growled as he went to the arcade and a little blue blob was lying on the couch playing a video game that he has been playing recently. “Bloo, did you make up murder stories to Eduardo again? He won’t let go of me!” Mac cried as Eduardo released him from his mighty grip.

“No…Maybe,” Bloo answered as he paused the game. Mac sighed,” Don’t tell me you’ve been playing that game all day…Again.”

“He has,” a red-haired woman named Frankie added as she was mopping the floor. Mac tried to drag Bloo off the couch, which made him fall.

“Come on, Bloo let’s do something. Let’s go play with Wilt for a while at least.”

Bloo added,” Hello, he’s an athletic type which means exercise. Besides, he’s still doing chores.”

“Bloo, he finished his chores 4 hours ago and which was the amount of time you consumed.” Frankie said again.

“Shut up.”

Suddenly, the door slammed open as if some one broke in. “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, everyone!,” a girl greeted. She dressed in a weird fashion, which didn’t match at all. She wore yellow boots, blue overalls, with a striped rainbow shirt. In her hair were 3 braids dangling crazily in her hair with different colored clips, she walked inside and saw the two boys. She had a reputation of being the most imaginative and talkative child, since she creates so many imaginary friends. But she gone over her habit.

“Here we go, again.” Frankie moaned.

“Goo! Now there’s a kid I can relate to!” Bloo cried, turning off his video game, at last. Mac glared at him, feeling offended.

“Not that I don’t love you, Mac,” he chuckled. The blue blob wished that Mac would at least try to be loose all the time, like him. The only time Mac was loose was he eats sugar.

“Hey, guys, want to play checkers again, cause I’m in the mood for it. In fact, I’ve been wanting play it all day! I’ll try to get--,” Goo chatted out; but Mac interrupted.

“Goo, how many times do I need to tell you? No imaging checkers, unless it’s a real game of checkers!” Mac scolded her, as Goo remembered. Bloo then remembered something too. He pulled out a piece of candy he had been saving, he plunged at Mac as he struggled out his grip.

“Bloo, what are you doing?!” the boy shouted. He finally opened so that the candy fell in his mouth. Mac puckered his lip by how sweet it was; he felt a slight jitter. Then sprang free from Bloo and ran off at least 100 mph, screaming and running around the halls.

A large rabbit, wearing a tuxedo and hat noticed from his molecule, that Mac, Bloo and Goo were sprinting. “No running in halls!” The rabbit then followed.

Meanwhile, April walked 2 more blocks to the house until she was distracted by a large mansion across the street, that made her eyes stare in awe, like if she was a newborn baby reaching for the light. The mansion looked like had countless numbers of different rooms; in front of it was a black ironed fence which had graved words on top, “Foster’s”. She wondered who could be living at the house, she thought it might have been the richest person in town. She heard fainted noise and screaming inside.

She gave up on the ruckus and resumed her way back home, walking on the cement sidewalk. She finally reached home, she noticed the home was empty, but still some unpacked boxes, since she and her family moved. But, the room was silent…Too silent.

“Mom? Dad? Hello?”, April called out but no one was heard and thought she had the house for herself without her older sister, Linn for once. The young child felt a bit hungry and headed in the kitchen. She opened the cabinet and saw a behind the canned food was a bag of chocolate chip cookies and grabbed the whole bag and started eating. She began her stroll around the living room, then sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V.

The closet door behind creaked a little and two eyes immerged and revealed a girl about 13 or 14, unlike April, she had short hair that reached her neck, she wore a black short top, a brown skirt, with dark brown high heel boots. Her outfit had fitted her age. It was actually April’s older sister, Linn.

Linn charged at her sister and plummeted her to the ground, “Well, well, well, if it isn’t my little sister from school.” she cackled. April escaped from her sister’s clutches and ran off, screaming as Linn followed her, they ran around the couch a couple times, then into the kitchen, April hid inside the bottom cabinet.

Linn didn’t see her in sight in the kitchen, “I know you’re in here, you little runt!” April tensed as she saw her boots, figuring that she might look inside her sanctuary; but sighed in relief when she walked off to try and beat her up. It was like a game of hide and seek.

“April, where are yooou,” Linn called in a sing-song voice. April breathed slowly and sighed, “That was close.” She gasped again when she noticed the door opened and revealed an evil grin on Linn’s face.

The child yelped and crawled inside; When Linn opened every door of the bottom covered, it would open broken glass, until she made it out. She bumped a stand that had a family portrait on it of their parents when they were married. Linn bumped into the tall plant that stood near the stairs. Then broke a valuable china and two vases, it was until Linn finally caught up to her.

“Now, I have you,” Linn chuckled the two of them started wrestling around the treacherously messed up home. She then gave her a headlock, while April’s yelling was muffled on the floor. April got out of her arms and tugged her legs while sitting on her back. Linn rolled around and grabbed her by the neck, while April’s face turned blue and was preparing to punch her; but her hopes were down, when she heard the door creak open.

The people who were at the door were their parents, May and Thomas. Their mother, May was an attractive woman; She wore a navy blue business suit with a pair of high heel shoes. Her hair was black like both of her daughters, straight and silky smooth. Their father had really short hair, unlike both of her kids, he had glasses. He also had a business suit, carrying a suitcase in his hand; to have dropped in shock as they saw the house in turmoil.

Soil from their plants was splattered on the wooden floor, including broken pieces of glass on the floor what the couple both saw rolling on the floor, were their two daughters, once again fighting like they have been since April was 2 years old. Their blood was boiling as they studied the house.

“GIRLS!”, Thomas snapped, which made the girls stop their battle as they got up from the floor brushing themselves off. “What was going ON in here?!”

“Mom, Dad, I can explained, it’s not my fault, it was--,” April stated as Linn went up to her parents and whined, “Oh, thank goodness, your home. I was trying to do my homework, until April went insane!”

“Girls, go to your rooms!“ May finally called. As the girls stared in shock for being punished again like normal.

“What, but she--,” The girls stammered in unison, until Thomas interrupted.

“No butts! Upstairs now!

The girls did as they were told and ran up the stairs, Linn slammed the door loudly. April was about to do the same and slammed it loud. April went upon her bed and laid down roughly and covered herself with the covers. She grabbed her pillow and screamed loudly.

The couple both sighed in exhaustion and stress; they usually had to clean it themselves, because if they started cleaning, they might run into each other and start their loathing battle and make the house messier than before.

A few hours later, April didn’t show downstairs at all just staying upstairs, either finishing her homework or using the bathroom. She declined to not come downstairs for dinner tonight to not have anything to do with her sister. No matter how hungry she was.

She brushed her teeth thoroughly and quietly. As she walked out the bathroom door in her light purple pajamas, she ran out in a flash to her room, like if she were a crook and was being chased by police.

April sighed in relief, finding that her sister wasn’t in sight. She tucked herself in bed, she hoped the next day would go better. But what she really wanted was at least one friend, hoping to get away from Linn, for once.
kammy101 is offline   Reply With Quote