Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Finally Got Moved In My New Bedroom

As I noted earlier, my father lost his house, and nearly all of his possessions save the clothes on his back, a few weeks ago, and he and my brother have had to move in with me. This house, which used to belong to my grandparents, had only two bedrooms, so we(make that I)} had to convert the old living room, which had been used to store junk and had not otherwise been touched since I was a child, into a third bedroom for myself and for my snakes and arachnids. This involved extensive renovations, including spackling over the cracks in the dry wall, painting, a LOT of cleaning, and removing the old living room furniture, which was extremely heavy(they made furniture to last back in those days), and then moving my bed, dresser, chest of drawers, and critters into the room. I finally got moved in yesterday, after three weeks of working like a dog on that room after I got home from my job, and finally got to spend the first night in my new room-no more sleeping on a cot in a trailer! I've still got to hang some stuff up on the walls, and get some more lighting, and I've got the get the Direct TV folks to come and run a cable into that room, and I still have my large female Boa and her cage to move(she's currently in the pantry), but basically, I'm done. It's just a tremendous relief to know I don't have to stay up until like 11:00 each night painting with a roller!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote