Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Default What you fear?

Ok this is a thread where you can talk about what you fear, what you are afraid of and what makes you get really scared! I fear spiders,clowns,bees dead bodies,sharks, heights and monsters!! What do you fear?
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

well, dying alone is a big one. Other than that?

not much. BRING IT ON! snakes, spiders, heights, vomit. Not the kind of stuff that freaks me out.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

basically death, and some heights. and maybe the dark. but thats about it.

Last edited by some guy you dont know; 06-21-2007 at 10:40 AM.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #4
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I fear death, pain, and I have a phobia of most sharp objects.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I'm beginning to wonder if Partymember and myself aren't related, like siblings separated at birth or something, given our mutual affection for guns, hunting, creepy-crawlies and other critters often feared by the public, and now the revelation that we share the at least one of the same fears: dying alone, unwanted. At my age, that's really beginning to bother me. I've always valued my independence, having grown up in a very strict family with a genuine control freak for a mother, but now, having seem many of my family members grow old and die, the one thing that they had to draw comfort from was having someone by their sides when it was time. In most cases, that someone was a now-adult son or daughter, or a granddaughter. That seemed to be the greatest comfort that they could have. I don't have kids, so that means no grandkids, either. I'm not married. Only one of my siblings does have kids, my sister, and we are not close at all. Her husband really dislikes all of our family and has done a very effective job in putting distance between her and the rest of us, with the exception of my father, whom they both use and take advantage of, using his own granddaughters as pawns. My brother is only a few years younger than me, has a lot more health issues, and is unable to even care for or provide for himself due to the effects of his autism, so he has to live with my father. I've witnessed the horrors of our government-run care facilities for the elderly, and quite frankly, I'd rather be put down like an old dog than to have to endure that in my final months or years. MOST nursing homes, like Madame Foster said, treat old people like so much inventory, not like people, and do whatever is needed to keep the inmates, uh, I mean residents, quiet so that they're as little trouble as possible. These strangers still cannot take the place of a beloved family member when that inevitable time comes.

The only other thing that scares me is storms, though I'm not as bad as I used to be, in the years following Hurricane Hugo. I actually suffered from PTSD after waiting out that awful storm alone, 35 miles from the coast, in 1989. I still don't like high winds, or lightning, though it's more out of concern for my house, my animals and other personal belongings that of my own safety.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Yeah im afraid of going to the hospital like having surgery blech!!! And im afraid of the dark cos when im alone in somewhere thats dark i see strange figures that look like people! And i fear death and sharp objects and like someone or something is right behind me and i turn around and no one is there really creepy!!
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i see death is a recurring theme here. It happens to everybody. There are some VERY pansy people out there, if they can handle it i think i can, too. Just set yer teeth and jump right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Partymember and myself aren't related, like siblings separated at birth or something, given our mutual affection for guns, hunting, creepy-crawlies and other critters often feared by the public, and now the revelation that we share the at least one of the same fears: dying alone, unwanted.

sis! (hug)

If i'm ever in South carolina we should go hog hunting together. I usually love massive storms but hurricane may be a little too massive.

i don't worry about nursing homes. My friends give me a life expectancy of about 30 more years, maybe less. Such close buddies we are

i put it at 20. Guess they are being generous.

PS: PBL, ya want to get a dude's attention you can't go wrong with those little Heinekin kegs they just started advertising. Got the tap and everything. Wonderful little invention.

Last edited by Partymember; 06-21-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote