Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
megatron01
Banned

Default Do you want SQUARE-ENIX to create a FOSTER's RPG?

Since SQUARE-ENIX is my favorite company, (this is the company that has done my favorite games: Romancing SaGa, Romancing SaGa 2, Romancing SaGa 3, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4, 5, and 6, Rudora No Hihou, Front Mission, Front Mission: Gunhazard, and Treasure Hunter G) do any of you think that SQUARE-ENIX should make a FOSTER's RPG that looks exactly like Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6? If yes, that's great! If not, well, that's OK.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Personally I can't see Fosters working well with an RPG system. I just can't see the chars fighting random monsters all the time. Now I can see an adventure like game, maybe with a little bit of platform thrown in. It could be made by someone like Telltale Games or Double Fine.

I really think Fosters is more puzzle friendly then it is fighting.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
megatron01
Banned

Well, I can see it well. Let's say Bloo is acting his crazy self, when he finds another secret door, only this time, it is filled with padlocks, chains,etc. Bloo wondered what was behind that door, and Frankie, Madame Foster, and Mr. Herriman told Bloo that behind that door was the deadliest, most dangerous imaginary friend ever. So, that night, Bloo found the keys to unlock the door, and suddnely, when he opened it, a swarm of random monsters,boss monsters, summons, and finally the main villain, which is known as Zemus all escape the house. The next morning, everyone was very angry at Bloo, and for punishment, Bloo and 4 friends, (Mac, Frankie, Wilt and Edwardo) must now persue Zemus before he destroys the world. Can they do it? this will be the story line of the first game. Hope this is good enough for ya..

Are Telltale Games and Double Fine AMERICAN game companies?

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-14-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron01 View Post
Are Telltale Games and Double Fine AMERICAN game companies?
Yes, doesn't make them bad.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
megatron01
Banned

Hmm. Have they ever made any games for any consoles? Why is it that an RPG is not a good idea? Videogames that are based on catoons are never RPG's. Is there a reason why?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
Voxxyn
Banned

Because licensed cartoon games are mostly meant to be quick tie-ins instead of anything with actual quality or substance.

I think a Foster's game could be good as a Super Mario 64-esque platformer. Remember how Mario jumped into paintings, transporting himself from Princess Peach's mostly quiet castle and into many wild, dangerous, adventure-filled worlds? Maybe the Foster's game could have Mac and Bloo jumping into paintings and transporting themselves into different fantastical worlds, each taking famous elements and minor/one-shot characters of the series.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
Shany
At Home

Quote:
Hmm. Have they ever made any games for any consoles?
Doublefine Productions' game, Psychonauts was released for PC, XBOX and Playstation 2 (it was originally supposed to be an XBOX exclusive game).
Telltale only release PC games as far as I know, which are episodic releases which sucks since each game is pretty short.

The problem with an RPG game, especially the plot you're suggesting, is that it goes against the spirit of the show. The show isn't about magic and fighting, and it wouldn't have a plot about some villain going to destroy the world. It would seem like they just tossed the characters into such a plot (though it would be fun to see their reactions ).
RPG's are also pretty slow, and it might really hurt the humor which is very fast-paced.

A show like Foster's will work better in a fast paced adventure game or action/adventure game, a platformer or some sort of open-ended game (like the Sims, or even Big Fat Awesome House Party).
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
Personally I can't see Fosters working well with an RPG system. I just can't see the chars fighting random monsters all the time. Now I can see an adventure like game, maybe with a little bit of platform thrown in. It could be made by someone like Telltale Games or Double Fine.

I really think Fosters is more puzzle friendly then it is fighting.
agreed. square enix? no. mainly because theyre too busy with FF and stuff. maybe nintendo or something. and agreed, puzzle would make more sense than RPG, or maybe a MMORPG would be nice(kinda like BFAHP, only multi-player)
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #9
megatron01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
agreed. square enix? no. mainly because theyre too busy with FF and stuff. maybe nintendo or something. and agreed, puzzle would make more sense than RPG, or maybe a MMORPG would be nice(kinda like BFAHP, only multi-player)

Puzzle games are the absolute worst type of game, and platformers are OK (yes, I DO like SOME platformers). You all hate my ideas, because you all think the FOSTER'S RPG would be a total flop. Cartoon games should be RPG's because they have better music than platformers. (except some games like CONTRA) As I said before, the puzzle game idea would be terrible.

These are the companies that I would NOT have the FOSTER's game made by:

THQ (especially!)
Activision
Electronic Arts (EA)
Neversoft
Rockstar Games
Telltale Games
Double Fine Productions
ALL AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES

Companies that I want the Foster's game made by (NOTE: these companies are from the country that makes the best video games: JAPAN!)
1. SQUARE-ENIX (best RPG makers ever!)
2. Atlus Co. Ltd. /Atlus USA, Inc. (Done Shin Megami Tensei)
3. Natsume- (Published Lufia II)
4 Taito Corporation (Japan)
5 Camelot Software Publishing- (They did Golden Sun I and II for Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance)
6 CAPCOM Co. Ltd/CAPCOM USA, Inc. (They did the Breath of Fire RPG series)
7 STING Co. Ltd (JAPAN) They done the Evolution series for the Sega Dreamcast and the Nintendo Gamecube, and they did Rivera the Promised Land for the Game Boy Advance.
8: Nintendo/HAL Labortory (Japan) They published Golden Sun I and II for the Game Boy Advance
9: Tonkin House (they did a few games that were sold in Japan only that I like on the SNES)

These are the companies that I would concider that would make the FOSTER's RPG if SQUARE-ENIX decides not to.
PLEASE accept my ideas. OK?

Last edited by megatron01; 01-17-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Send a message via MSN to Bride_Of_Lister

Quote:
These are the companies that I would concider that would make the FOSTER's RPG if SQUARE-ENIX decides not to.
PLEASE accept my ideas. OK?
Woah, Square-Enix have never been approached about it, its just speculation!

I hate to say it but I find it very unlikley that any Japanese developers would touch a Foster's game with a ten foot pole.

'sides Japan isn't the final word in gaming, there are stacks of good western game companys. They can't just be glossed over, its like the anime fans who discount any and all western pop culture just 'cos it's not Japanese.
Closed Thread