Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Ub3rD4n 02-07-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Koosie:
As for your view of evolution, that's all mixed up. It's not a ladder, its a series of niches on an equal plane. A bat may look at you as inferior, for example, because you've failed to develop sonar yet. In their terms, we've got a lot of catching up to do.
I warned ye!

Quote:

Originally posted by Partymember:
Well, we're talking survival of the fittest here. I can do anything i want, if i happen to get killed by somebody else because they don't like me harshing their mellow, then it happens.
Now, I personally would be bothered by that, but maybe you beleive in reincarnation.

Quote:

Originally posted by Cassini90125:
I presumably had something like "Go ahead, make my day" written all over my face, which was pretty much the mood I was in, and he knows I don't like him to begin with.
Man, I dunno what you look like, but I get the impression it's pretty intimidating. Cool!

Quote:

Originally posted by OneRadicalDude:
Being asked repeatedly who I voted for on Tuesday? Maybe, I prefer NOT to respond, thank you.
Vote for what? Oh, and I hear you got promoted to moderator. Congrats.

One Radical Dude 02-07-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n (Post 71110)
Vote for what? Oh, and I hear you got promoted to moderator. Congrats.

Thanks, but check the dates carefully. I've been a moderator for over a year. :bloocross:

Tuesday, many US states went to the polls for the presidential primaries or caucuses (voting on the nominees for the general election in November). My family have different views on many issues. Had I answered the question, it would no doubt be a heated discussion (especially, if my dad were around). That's all I'll say on that.

Partymember 02-08-2008 01:00 PM

Nathander: yeah the books arrived but i'm still plodding through a book on the Russian Revolution, a Ted Nugent book, and the Poetic Edda. I bought the Nietzsche because having read a summary of his ideas i found we were quite similar in our beliefs. I am excited to read his works!

ETA: Ub3rD4n, whether or not it bothers you is of no concern, the fact remains: survival of the fittest. Same as it has been forever. You may want to invest in a gym membership and some karate lessons :P

koosie 02-08-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 71201)
Nathander: yeah the books arrived but i'm still plodding through a book on the Russian Revolution, a Ted Nugent book, and the Poetic Edda. I bought the Nietzsche because having read a summary of his ideas i found we were quite similar in our beliefs. I am excited to read his works!

ETA: Ub3rD4n, whether or not it bothers you is of no concern, the fact remains: survival of the fittest. Same as it has been forever. You may want to invest in a gym membership and some karate lessons :P

Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean survival of the physically fittest. It may pan out as those who can build friendly alliances have a better chance of survival and those who pump iron and adopt macho stances make themselves isolated and vulnerable. The sleepy, fluffy little Dormouse has currently out-survived the Sabre-Toothed Tiger and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Ub3rD4n 02-08-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OneRadicalDude:
Thanks, but check the dates carefully. I've been a moderator for over a year.
Yeah, I have been paying attention, it's just my little joke, see, someone recently congradulated you on the actual topic (which I noted started years ago, cause you were the first moderator to ever respond to a post of mine) and decided to poke a little fun, seeming as everyone who's a regular here knows that you're a mod.8D

Quote:

Originally posted by PartyMember:
You may want to invest in a gym membership and some karate lessons
Nah, I'll just learn how to use a gun8D.

Whoa, that's a lot of 8Ds.

some guy you dont know 02-08-2008 07:46 PM

living near the airport. usually it isnt bad, but whenever it goes over my house i can almost hear things shaking from the kitchen. :l

Sparky 02-08-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some guy you dont know (Post 71239)
living near the airport. usually it isnt bad, but whenever it goes over my house i can almost hear things shaking from the kitchen. :l

I know what you mean, we used to live by an air-force base. :P All the windows would rattle when the planes went over. And then apparently there were days when they would have to use up their fuel allotment, and they'd just let the planes sit there blasting their engines for an hour or more. Fun.

Pawbah 02-09-2008 12:56 AM

my mother.... on my case.

Cassini90125 02-09-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawbah (Post 71246)

My sympathies. I had one of those. :P >:(

some guy you dont know 02-09-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawbah (Post 71246)

that sucks :( i get the same problem alot, only its my dad. :l