Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Partymember 01-28-2008 11:58 AM

LOL i did a similar favor for some girls in Video Broker. We stopped in after paintball to rent "Apocalypse Now" and JM (local creep/stalker) was standing outside the window staring at a couple of junior high girls. I walked out there and threatened him with violence and he left 8D

Cassini90125 02-03-2008 04:53 PM

I haven't run into the perv in over a week now but I found out earlier that he managed to get himself banned from the local CVS. I don't know why but if I had to guess it was probably for saying something either filthy or racist. Did I mention that he's been known to make racist remarks? Well, he has. One restaurant in the area, long since closed, banned him five times for that crap and other offenses. Why they kept letting him come back is beyond me; I would have banned him once and not rescinded the order. Anyway, this means he'll be in Walgreens twice as often now, much to the dismay of the gang that works there. On the bright side, it increases the odds of me catching him behaving badly there, and that's when the real fun begins. :bendy:

Partymember 02-03-2008 04:59 PM

LOL

Cass is on the prowl. Hungry like the Wolf!

Cassini90125 02-03-2008 05:19 PM

Just standing up for my friends, dude. :)

Wendi 02-03-2008 05:40 PM

"Anime is not a cartoon!"

Dude, If it's drawn and animated, It's a cartoon. It doesn't matter what ever country it's made in.

and just because it's made in Japan, doesn't mean it's superior.

jhfsdakjfhaksjhfkjashdfkj

go play out side.

Partymember 02-03-2008 05:41 PM

I just had this image of you as Brock Samson from The Venture Brothers twisting this guy into a bloody pretzel 8D

fosters home fan 02-04-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendi (Post 70834)

Dude, If it's drawn and animated, It's a cartoon. It doesn't matter what ever country it's made in.

go play out side.

*sigh* They're just different styles of animation. That's all, really.

Also, DS's tick me off!

jekylljuice 02-04-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendi (Post 70834)

go play out side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 70863)
*sigh* They're just different styles of animation. That's all, really.

Also, DS's tick me off!

I know that there are some people out there who simply have a problem with the word "cartoon" because they see it as having childish and unsophisticated connotations, hence why they prefer the term "animation", which enables them to comfortably disassociate whatever they're watching from the infanitle fodder which little kids snap up every Saturday morning. It all seems a bit ridiculous to me. There's nothing inherently wrong with cartoons, or with adult audiences being able to find enjoyment in them, and we're never going advance an iota closer toward elimating the prejudices which surround the form unless we learn to use the word with pride. 8-)

Incidentally, the word "cartoon" originates, I believe, from the Italian word cartone, denoting paper or cardboard, so traditionally it refers to any animation which is hand-drawn. Thus, there are some styles of animation which I definitely wouldn't think of as cartoons. Stop-motion animation and puppetry, for example. They're something else altogether. However, in an age where even most 2D animation, including Foster's, is created primarily through use of computers, it becomes a bit more difficult to classify. Can something like Finding Nemo be classed as a cartoon, for example? I don't know, but it's an interesting thought. Words always grow and develop fresh meanings, regardless of where they first originated.

Sorry for the English lesson. :sadbendy:

some guy you dont know 02-04-2008 02:44 PM

A few things:

*The fact that my DS battery is dying, so I have to replace it when I most likely cant soon.

*My cold. Had it for a week, its getting better. But I have a real sore throat, which sucks.

*Many other things I dont feel like naming

Cassini90125 02-04-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekylljuice (Post 70869)
Incidentally, the word "cartoon" originates, I believe, from the Italian word cartone, denoting paper or cardboard, so traditionally it refers to any animation which is hand-drawn. Thus, there are some styles of animation which I definitely wouldn't think of as cartoons. Stop-motion animation and puppetry, for example. They're something else altogether. However, in an age where even most 2D animation, including Foster's, is created primarily through use of computers, it becomes a bit more difficult to classify. Can something like Finding Nemo be classed as a cartoon, for example? I don't know, but it's an interesting thought. Words always grow and develop fresh meanings, regardless of where they first originated.

Sorry for the English lesson. :sadbendy:

At one time just to make people's eyes roll I said that the word "cartoon" was racist and that we should refer to them as "Animated Americans". :cheesegrin: