Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Sparky 12-29-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antgirl1 (Post 68059)
Its not so bad if someone's helping you do it. :D

I'll never forget the year my dad made me wrap all the presents he bought. Including my own. I was told to "act surprised" on Christmas morning. :P

Lynnie 12-29-2007 09:42 PM

lol, that's messed up! My dad isn't the greatest at wrapping presents, so he usually asks my sister or I to do it. He just doesn't know how to handle the flimsy paper and scissors. But he tries to wrap at least a few presents himself.

Cassini90125 12-30-2007 07:53 AM

The local CVS and Walgreens already have their Valentine's Day displays up and running. I really, really wish they could have held off until at least mid-January before putting me through this. :(

Partymember 12-30-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 68080)
The local CVS and Walgreens already have their Valentine's Day displays up and running. I really, really wish they could have held off until at least mid-January before putting me through this. :(

almost as bad as back-to-school stuff in June :cheesegrin:

koosie 12-30-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 68085)
almost as bad as back-to-school stuff in June :cheesegrin:

Oh that's one of the joys of growing old is remembering how awful that used to make you feel seeing those signs reminding you that the summer holidays would be over before you know it. Nowadays it just means that the pesky young folk are going back to their prisons soon!

As for valentine's day, my Cinderella search was called off years ago so now it's kind of like a black joke to me. I feel sorry for my friend (_?) though as he's way too young to have given up. Nothing's as sad as geniunely romantic people, though.

Lynnie 12-30-2007 06:23 PM

Ugh, yes, holidays are becoming waaaaaaay too commercialized. At my work place, we took all the Christmas decorations down the day after. And what did we put up? Well, not really decorations, but merchandise advertising Valentines Day. It's not even January yet! If I had the choice, I'd wait to put the stuff out until mid January or so, but it's company policy to put them out when corporate tells us to. Another down side is we get customers coming in asking for holiday themed stuff a few days before the holiday, when it's expected for everyone to be getting hyped about it. And we have to tell them "Sorry, but we sold out of them a month ago." It's so dumb, I tell ya. :madbloo:

Partymember 12-30-2007 08:29 PM

Aye, Valentines day sucks.

Lynnie 12-30-2007 10:18 PM

Eh, Valentines day isn't bad for me. I have no "significant other" at the moment, but it doesn't faze me in the least. I like the chocolate. And the red and pink colors everywhere remind me that spring is coming. That usually makes me happy. :D

And for those interested, I joined Live Journal and left a post in "Customer's Suck!" I have a looooott of stories to tell. I plan on posting more as I remember good ones. :P

Medikor 12-31-2007 08:56 AM

Being New Years Eve, I'm bracing myself for the inevitable: A band of Jokers to start setting off firecrackers in the wee hours of the mourning.:edmad:

some guy you dont know 12-31-2007 09:04 AM

the fact that i almost cant watch anything on youtube without some kind of debate about something that isnt really important to the video going on. :(