Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Partymember 12-28-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 67962)
Ouch, yeah, he'll be hurting. Might be worth it if he loves his "classic" car, though. ;)

Prices right now in the Seattle area are running about $3.15 for regular unleaded. They were up to about $3.80 not too long ago though. Going down.... Yeah, we might top out over $4 this summer, too.

$3.80??? how'd they justify that? I always love it when a hurricane knocks out a single rig and prices jump 10 cents the very same day...the gas they marked up they bought at the previous lower price, the gas being pumped up in that rig hadn't even been processed yet let alone shipped up...yet still this old gas costs 10 cents more? yeah right ::)

Ridureyu 12-29-2007 10:55 AM

We've gone down to $3.07 here in Southern California.

Cassini90125 12-29-2007 02:07 PM

Viruses, malware, and rootkits. Early this afternoon I got a message from my antivirus software that something had gotten in. My system had been running a little slower than usual so I logged out and ran my scanners and sure enough, a rootkit had set up housekeeping on my D: drive. It's gone now but I would truly love to get my hands on the people who inflict these things on us. Just five minutes to make an example of one of them, that's all I ask. :terrence:

Ridureyu 12-29-2007 04:39 PM

Start with the Sony BMG execs.

Cassini90125 12-29-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridureyu (Post 68025)
Start with the Sony BMG execs.

Gladly. Have I mentioned that SecuROM is a Sony creation? Yeah. Morover, they got taken to court over something similar a few years ago and they lost. They were told not to do it again; apparently, they weren't listening. I hope the Feds get into this mess and crush them. :terrence:

Ridureyu 12-29-2007 07:09 PM

Did they or didn't they stop making CDs that wrecked your computer with what is essentially a virus?

because I remember that technically being "illegal."

Howard 12-29-2007 08:08 PM

Wrapping presents - thank goodness for gift bags and tissue!:frankiesmile:

Partymember 12-29-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2k (Post 68048)

LMAO agreed brother! Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas in your new house!

antgirl1 12-29-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2k (Post 68048)

Its not so bad if someone's helping you do it. :D

Howard 12-29-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 68050)
LMAO agreed brother! Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas in your new house!

We sure did! Thanks brother! I hope all was well for you too!:frankiesmile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by antgirl1 (Post 68059)
Its not so bad if someone's helping you do it. :D

True. But I just get so frustrated. I usually have someone else do it, or I get out the gift bags and tissue!:D