Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Cassini90125 11-19-2007 03:05 PM

I have tried to call Best Buy three times in the past hour. I have gotten as far as "To speak to a sales representative, press 3". After that, the phone just rings and rings; none of the geniuses there bothers to answer it. That store becomes more and more useless to me everytime I try to do anything with them, and frankly I am very tired of it. :terrence:

Partymember 11-19-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 64230)
I have tried to call Best Buy three times in the past hour. I have gotten as far as "To speak to a sales representative, press 3". After that, the phone just rings and rings; none of the geniuses there bothers to answer it. That store becomes more and more useless to me everytime I try to do anything with them, and frankly I am very tired of it. :terrence:

that sucks

i hate electronics stores, theyre filled with dweebs who think because they're level 7 Wizards in D&D that they're God or something

Cassini90125 11-19-2007 03:50 PM

I tried again about 15 minutes ago and got through. I told the person on the other end what I wanted and got redirected. The phone rang 11 times before the same woman picked up and redirected me to someone else, who answered after only 8 rings. He apologized and explained that the store is very busy tonight, could I call again in a few minutes? I apologized and said my next call would be to Circuit City and hung up.

A quick check online found two reviews written about this particular Best Buy; both were quite negative. There will be a third such review added later tonight.

Partymember 11-19-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 64252)
I tried again about 15 minutes ago and got through. I told the person on the other end what I wanted and got redirected. The phone rang 11 times before the same woman picked up and redirected me to someone else, who answered after only 8 rings. He apologized and explained that the store is very busy tonight, could I call again in a few minutes? I apologized and said my next call would be to Circuit City and hung up.

A quick check online found two reviews written about this particular Best Buy; both were quite negative. There will be a third such review added later tonight.

nicely done

taranchula 11-19-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 64251)
that sucks

i hate electronics stores, theyre filled with dweebs who think because they're level 7 Wizards in D&D that they're God or something

I hope you don't mean "everyone", because "I" certainly do not fall into that category.

Yep, that's right, that's how I make my monies, selling electronics to the masses.

Don't worry I am not offended or anything, because I too have dealt with sales people who are not as courteous and attentive as I try to be on a daily bases.

Sparky 11-19-2007 10:15 PM

Besides, any self-respecting D&D player wouldn't think they're God until they hit at *least* level 20+... :jk: Hey I was a level 20 Druid once (this was Basic), and *that's* hard. 8D

Partymember 11-20-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranchula (Post 64297)
I hope you don't mean "everyone", because "I" certainly do not fall into that category.

Yep, that's right, that's how I make my monies, selling electronics to the masses.

Don't worry I am not offended or anything, because I too have dealt with sales people who are not as courteous and attentive as I try to be on a daily bases.

8D no, not everybody...but if you got some dice i think you, me, Sparky and Cass could get a pretty good game going.

i call "not it" for Cleric

Cassini90125 11-20-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 64337)
8D no, not everybody...but if you got some dice i think you, me, Sparky and Cass could get a pretty good game going.

i call "not it" for Cleric

I'm game. :D

Try playing a druid sometime; good power selection, plus an in-game excuse to rant about the enviroment. Fun for everyone... 'cept the other players and the DM. 8D

Oh, I'm heading up to Best Buy in a few minutes. This may get interesting. :madbloo: :madwilt:

One Radical Dude 11-20-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 64345)
I'm game. :D

Try playing a druid sometime; good power selection, plus an in-game excuse to rant about the enviroment. Fun for everyone... 'cept the other players and the DM. 8D

Oh, I'm heading up to Best Buy in a few minutes. This may get interesting. :madbloo: :madwilt:

Yeah...:wiltyeahright: Let us know what happened, when you return. :cheesegrin:

Cassini90125 11-20-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Radical Dude (Post 64350)
Yeah...:wiltyeahright: Let us know what happened, when you return. :cheesegrin:

What happened is that I got the RAM card I wanted and an apology from the store manager for the way I was treated. Am I satisfied? For the moment... until it happens again. And it will.