Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Things That Made Your Day (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3310)

Medikor 07-11-2008 04:19 PM

Having to watch my new niece while my sister went to the bathroom. She was staring a hole through me, so I waved at her and she waved back at me!:bloosmirk:

Howard 07-11-2008 04:49 PM

My other house sold! Yippee! No more HOA fees, or paying for a second house! I can breathe financially again...:frankiesmile:

L.G. 07-11-2008 08:05 PM

Being home for the weekend after being away since Sunday for work.

Lynnie 07-11-2008 08:08 PM

Wonderful, looks like there are a lot of days being made here. :smed: That's always nice to see when it seems there've been a lot of not-so-great things happening lately. A great big Congratulations are due WiltsAK! :clap: And also JJ and Ducky, yay for financial breathability! Oh, I know how that feels. :yeah:

As for me, I learned that my local grocery store carries stamps today. It saved me from an extra stop by the post office. That made me happy. :bloosmirk:

Ridureyu 07-14-2008 02:47 PM

Long story. My work is really having budget trouble, and ULTIMATELY my hours are being cut to a minimum just to cover my insurance and because they need me to edit for them. However, legally-soeaking, I am bveing laid off for amonth and then re-hired at very little. Because they like me andb ecause they CURRENTLY have money, they are doing that instead of a "leave of absence" so that they can give me a severance check (and because they know I'll be hunting for another job in the meantime). So, they gave me my "severance" pay, and I just invested it in my retirement fund only to find that I have reached my yearly limit!

So, what made my day? My future is even more secure, even if this summer's going to be rough!:bloogrin:

Mac-a-lacka 07-14-2008 03:25 PM

Seeing a funny sight.

Small boxes of Beano were hanging right in front of shelves carrying cans of beans. 8D :wiltshock:

Sparky 07-15-2008 12:18 PM

#1: I took my car in this morning for a complete pre-Comic-Con-drive inspection, expecting to spend at least a hundred on some repair or another. Spent $50, just for the inspection, because they didn't find anything major, and they fixed the minor thing for free. :D

#2: I was pleased to see that gas prices at the station I normally go to, right next to the service shop, had dropped below $4.30 (was $4.29). That was at nine. On my way back just now it had dropped to $4.27. :terrsmile:

some guy you dont know 07-15-2008 05:20 PM

yesterday, my day was made when i got home and realized that gas only costs around $3.90 here and not $4.30 like in indianapolis. :D

Cassini90125 07-16-2008 09:53 AM

I got my economic stimulus check a few minutes ago. Definitely made my day. :frankiesmile:

fosters home fan 07-16-2008 11:25 AM

McDonald's managed to cook the food right today. :P

Also, a favorite siren website of mine might be brought back. :)