Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Cassini90125 06-06-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 46327)
Frankie Foster: Warrior Princess?

how have i not seen this yet?

The video is in the "Frankie Foster's Closet" thread, at the bottom of post #20:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/sh...?t=1933&page=2

YouTube had no problems with that one.

Invader Bloo 06-06-2007 06:47 PM

Two words:
Paris Hilton

Sparky 06-06-2007 08:03 PM

I've got one.

About every other day I go to the little exercise room thingie at our apartment complex. I take my iPod, and I think its pretty obvious that I'm listening to my own music because, you know, I wear headphones. Big headphones, not earbuds or anything. So anyways there's a TV in there and when people watch it they tend to crack the volume up super-loud so they can hear it over the treadmill or whatever equipment they're using. So that's annoying, I'm trying to listen to my music (and I don't like to crank *that* up loud, I don't like loud music, especially with headphones) - but I can certainly be accommodating if other people want to watch the TV.

Well the part that ticks me off is when the other person or people finish up and leave the exercise room, leaving me alone in there, and they just leave the TV on. It's OBVIOUS that I'm not watching it. So then I have to either just leave it and try to ignore it or get up and turn it off and lose my time/miles etc on the bike, because it will only stay in pause mode for about 5 seconds before shutting off. Anyways that just annoys me. If the people think I might be watching the TV they should ask me if I want them to leave it on or not. They probably don't ask me because I'm obviously listening to music and they figure I couldn't hear them anyways - so why don't they assume I don't want the TV on and turn it off?? :P

Bah.

montitech 06-07-2007 10:21 AM

The same thing with the TV in the Fitness room used to annoy my wife back when we lived in an appartment complex. people are so inconsiderate. The best is when some Huge scarry looking guy changes the channel when your watching something, and then starts power lifting, Turning red and making loud grunting noises.

Monty :-/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 46399)
I've got one.

About every other day I go to the little exercise room thingie at our apartment complex. I take my iPod, and I think its pretty obvious that I'm listening to my own music because, you know, I wear headphones. Big headphones, not earbuds or anything. So anyways there's a TV in there and when people watch it they tend to crack the volume up super-loud so they can hear it over the treadmill or whatever equipment they're using. So that's annoying, I'm trying to listen to my music (and I don't like to crank *that* up loud, I don't like loud music, especially with headphones) - but I can certainly be accommodating if other people want to watch the TV.

Well the part that ticks me off is when the other person or people finish up and leave the exercise room, leaving me alone in there, and they just leave the TV on. It's OBVIOUS that I'm not watching it. So then I have to either just leave it and try to ignore it or get up and turn it off and lose my time/miles etc on the bike, because it will only stay in pause mode for about 5 seconds before shutting off. Anyways that just annoys me. If the people think I might be watching the TV they should ask me if I want them to leave it on or not. They probably don't ask me because I'm obviously listening to music and they figure I couldn't hear them anyways - so why don't they assume I don't want the TV on and turn it off?? :P

Bah.

antgirl1 06-07-2007 04:36 PM

When I'm listening to my music, my mum starts randomly lecturing me, and I have to pause the music until she's done talking, I wait a while, and she's silent, I play my music, then she starts talking again. =|

emperor26 06-07-2007 08:47 PM

Doing my own work, only to get interrupted for some random task, thus, losing my focus on what I was originally doing in the first place.

some guy you dont know 06-07-2007 08:53 PM

when we have alot of cereal but no milk. which has happened alot reciently. cereals my favorite food in the world. and theres never any milk at our house.

Cassini90125 06-08-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invader Bloo (Post 46384)
Two words:
Paris Hilton

Then you should enjoy this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/...v/paris_hilton

I know I did. :bendy:

x_dummkoff_x 06-08-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antgirl1 (Post 46439)
When I'm listening to my music, my mum starts randomly lecturing me, and I have to pause the music until she's done talking, I wait a while, and she's silent, I play my music, then she starts talking again. =|

all right,
I know this is disrespectful,
but when I have my ipod on and my mom comes in lecturing me,
I pause it to see what she's talking about,
but then I turn it back on so I don't have to hear it.
she don't even notice most of the time.

Mr. Marshmallow 06-08-2007 11:28 PM

Movie critics tick me off.

I go to the movies every week more or less, and every time I read the movie reviews in the paper the critics continue to bash, trash, and verbally crucify any movie I might even remotely like or be interested in and spend 3 or 4 paragraphs telling everyone how miserable and crappy the film is.

Horror movies, sci-fi movies, even a movie that people generally agree is a good film, critics take a big fat crap on quality movies and don't give them any kind of credit. Movie critics constantly remind us that were all stupid, ignorant cavemen who like simple minded movies and lack the cinematic sophistication of their tastes.

Like that dealer told David Spade in "Tommy boy": your a smug, unhappy man and you treat people like they were idiots! Critics act like were the morons by seeing movies they don't agree with, and the only films they bother giving 4 stars or good ratings are foreign, fancy, limited theater films that no one has ever heard of.

They'll rank thousands of raving reviews and get butt loads of oscars and awards, and every normal person will be left scratching their heads because they never heard of these films. And any film the average movie goer does want to see will never be up at the oscars, because apparently our tastes are viewed just like critics view us: ignorant trash.