Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Sparky 09-02-2010 02:10 PM

I clicked a link and a pdf file downloaded to my computer and opened, and it was filled with a very spambot-like text. I've heard of pdfs with viruses in them. :bloosad:

Major Abbey 09-07-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 122116)
I replied to another person's comment and he replied to that, so he's apparently hanging around my gallery now. I'm expecting him to troll all my other tarantula photos now too.

What? Doesn't this person have anything better to do with his time?

I don't blame you for being angry about what he said about your tarantula. If someone said they'd like to kill one of my pets, I'd be absolutely furious.

Speaking of pets... I used to look at videos of guinea pigs to cheer myself up until very recently, when about half the results involved them being hurt, abused or fed to other animals (for entertainment purposes). Now not only am I too nervous to search for them again, but I'm now slightly paranoid about my own guinea pigs. That really irritates me. I hate feeling insecure like that.

Ccook50 10-10-2010 04:14 PM

Proving more that stupid can't be cured:

I work at a Publix supermarket in the deli department, where all our meats and cheeses are clearly labeled, clearly signed and clearly priced. Yet the cul-de-sac congregations and soccer moms we get as customers whom the DMV unwisely allowed to have driver's licenses come in stare at our wares for minutes on end and either asks "what do you have?" or they'll ask in general "give me some ham." And we ask "which kind would you like?" and they reply "what do you have?" And then they ask "how much does it cost?" when they are looking directly at the price signs.

God, take me now.

taranchula 10-10-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccook50 (Post 122588)
Proving more that stupid can't be cured:

I work at a Publix supermarket in the deli department, where all our meats and cheeses are clearly labeled, clearly signed and clearly priced. Yet the cul-de-sac congregations and soccer moms we get as customers whom the DMV unwisely allowed to have driver's licenses come in stare at our wares for minutes on end and either asks "what do you have?" or they'll ask in general "give me some ham." And we ask "which kind would you like?" and they reply "what do you have?" And then they ask "how much does it cost?" when they are looking directly at the price signs.

God, take me now.

My theory is that, I think prolonged exposure to the florescent lights that a lot of these stores use, has some kind of stupefying effect on the general public.

Ccook50 10-11-2010 06:05 AM

Either that or it's the cell phones attached to their ears with them carrying on conversation while they're looking to get something. Stupid and rude.

Howard 10-12-2010 06:29 PM

To which I will segway into people driving and talking on cell phones (sans the hands free piece). Going up my favorite highway, and this idiot is in the FAST lane. I hated to do it, but I cut around him and in front of him (as close I can come to hitting him). Then I tapped my brakes. You should have seen the wide eyes in my rearview mirror. A car is a vehicle not a phone booth!:frankiemad:

Cassini90125 10-15-2010 11:27 PM

Cars + cellphones = accidents. :P

DA is currently annoying me; the new pics page is refusing to update. The newest new pic is, as of this writing, over 3.5 hours old. How can I give out faves, llama badges, and/or DA points if I have nothing new to look at? Yeah, it's a minor annoyance, but it's still an annoyance. :P

Howard 10-26-2010 07:19 PM

Because of a hidden offer when reserving my hotel in SD for next year, I was broke for over two weeks! I survived on ramen, cotto salami sandwiches, and peanut butter and crackers. Anybody mentions any of these foods - will get a mouthful of knuckles!:frankiemad:

taranchula 10-26-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 122700)
Because of a hidden offer when reserving my hotel in SD for next year, I was broke for over two weeks! I survived on ramen, cotto salami sandwiches, and peanut butter and crackers. Anybody mentions any of these foods - will get a mouthful of knuckles!:frankiemad:

I can sympathize with that, I was pretty much in the same boat after this years past excursion. (Totally worth it though.)

Getting back on topic, we all know Telemarketers are pretty annoying.

But what can make them even more annoying?

How about them calling your number looking for the people who used to own that phone number (most likely because their call list is outdated.) Then when you tell them they have a wrong number, they immediately try their sales pitch on you.

Happened to me this morning, needless to say the call was dropped like yesterday's garbage.

Howard 10-26-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranchula (Post 122701)
I can sympathize with that, I was pretty much in the same boat after this years past excursion. (Totally worth it though.)

Getting back on topic, we all know Telemarketers are pretty annoying.

But what can make them even more annoying?

How about them calling your number looking for the people who used to own that phone number (most likely because their call list is outdated.) Then when you tell them they have a wrong number, they immediately try their sales pitch on you.

Happened to me this morning, needless to say the call was dropped like yesterday's garbage.

So far I have been lucky. No telemarketer has touched me for over two years so far; but I can sympathize with that.:bloocross: