Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Lynnie 03-25-2010 08:12 PM

Work. Good news- DD's gone. She decided the world of all things makeup and hair and fashion was more her thing. Figures, with all the junk she had on her face/hair/nails every day, and reeking of perfume like she did. :P But now she's gone! Yaaayyyyy!!!!! Now I just hope she doesn't decide to come back because she still could come back.

Bad news is, Ms. Moody is still there and throwing her weight around. And she ticked me off today-

Among many other retailers, we offer customers coupons off of their next purchase if they take a survey about our service. One of the questions they have to answer is if they were completely satisfied. As in, 100% satisfied. Our service could have been awesome, but a run in with someone else's pet, or seeing a mess outside in the parking lot could bring that down to only 95% or something. So very few customers answer "100% satisfied", which of course gives us bad marks. So Ms. Moody wants us cashiers to ask every customer "Were you completely satisfied today?" along with all the bajillion other questions we need to ask them, in hopes that the customer will remember when they take the survey that, yes they were 100% satisfied. And if they weren't satisfied with something we'll know what we need to work on. Yeah, sounds ok at first maybe. But it's an invitation for attack. If someone is unhappy and decided to be not give us a hard time about it, and we ask that, we get an earful which could ruin anyone's day. And one of my female co-workers had a guy answer back
Spoiler Below
"No, but I bet you can satisfy me."
I mean, come on, I don't want to ask that just in case someone gets the survey and forgets that they were happy with their shopping experience if I'm going to make myself so vulnerable! :terrence: So I just try to be as friendly and helpful I can be, hoping at least their check-out was nice.

And, like many retailers, corporate wants us to push the sale of more expensive products rather than the cheaper ones because it'll likely mean that not only will the store make more money, but those customers will be more likely to come back because we're the only store that sells a lot of this stuff (which of course still means, more money for the company). They sent out buttons we're suppose to wear to promote customers asking about our "BEST" products. Now, we wear buttons now and then. Sometimes they're cute, and sometimes they really are for a good cause. But these are just plain boring, and they're as big as frisbees! One girl called it
Spoiler Below
a third boob
because it's so big and cumbersome and gets in the way. It's not policy that we wear them though, it's only to be "encouraged" that we wear them. I'd rather not wear it, it's ridiculous, and unnecessary and just another gimmick hoping to make more money for corporate. So I haven't been wearing one.

Anyway, Ms. Moody told me today that if I continue to "rebel" my job is on the line. She wants me to ask everyone if they were "satisfied", and she wants me to wear that ridiculously large pin (of course it's large just so customers will notice it more, while it makes us all look like total clowns). UGH!! The pin isn't a big deal, fine, but asking everyone if they were "satisfied today" is just her thing. It's not even a company wide "encouragement". And frankly, I'm not comfortable with it!

Does she notice how happy customers are with how I help them? No. More so than customers who were helped by employees who are just following the rules and aren't genuine at all? No. Is one of the questions on the survey something like "Were employees genuine and friendly, or lacking all personality?" No. Seriously, one of the questions should be "Do employees ask too many questions?" because not only do we feel silly asking a third and fourth question over and over and over again, the customers seem annoyed after a while, too. :P

Cassini90125 03-31-2010 11:44 PM

DeviantArt fracks me off, but not for the usual reasons. Seems that the staff over there decided that to commemorate April Fool's Day it would be "fun" to change everyone's avatars and sigs to Twilight-related crap. Fine, whatever, I'll just change it back to something not retarded, right? Guess again. I tried that and got a message in big purple letters saying "TEAM GAGA!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!11". Yeah. I didn't shell out $30.00 for a premium membership to have my page messed with by a bunch of morons who can't even moderate their site properly. Sheesh. ::) :frankiemad:

Imaginary Light 04-01-2010 07:52 AM

If I were actually on DeviantArt, my icon would probably already be Gaga, and not as an April Fools joke.:P

Sparky 04-01-2010 08:13 AM

I got Lady Gaga. I feel like I've won the lottery, lol.

Yeah I think you should be able to opt out of the April 1st shenanigans on da, but you can't. Or maybe even better, be able to opt out IF you're a paying member. I dunno.

antgirl1 04-01-2010 12:27 PM

I has Lady Gaga too. :(

Cassini90125 04-01-2010 12:40 PM

I wish I had Lady Gaga. I like her; I loathe Twilight. My avatar says I am a member of "Team Seeker". As for my sig, well, behold the retardery:

Quote:

This is Kahlan Amnell.

She's a BAMC, HBIC, and just about any other awesome acronym you can think of.

Her hair will cut you.

'Legend of the Seeker' for the WIN!
Bleh. I want my flashing avatar and malicious sig back. :frankiemad:

xxxClaire 04-01-2010 06:26 PM

I got Lady Gaga too!
...But I miss the Mudkipz...

Lynnie 04-01-2010 06:43 PM

Didn't dA do this last year too? And likely in previous years as well? Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be like this only for the day.

I haven't had any pranks pulled on me yet today, other than minor ones online which I haven't fallen for. :P But that doesn't tick me off. What's ticking me off today is my internet connection. WiFi is being weird, something with the access point (the apt complex's). I haven't been able to get on for over an hour. And I don't have dial up anymore to fall back on. Aarrrgh!

Howard 04-01-2010 08:33 PM

My avatar is Lady Gaga as well!::)

Cassini90125 04-01-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 120274)
My avatar is Lady Gaga as well!::)

Wanna trade? :cheesegrin:

They're still up as of ten minutes ago, and resetting remains impossible. This is so lame. :P