Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Major Abbey 09-14-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Light (Post 116486)
I feel so bad for Taylor Swift. What Kanye did was completely unnecessary.::)

Agreed. What he did, just barging up there and not just interrupting her, but interrupting her with praise for one of her competitors, was just horrible.

(The fact that I really like Taylor Swift have something to do with my feelings about that ;) Apparently P!nk didn't approve of his behaviour either, and I'm a fan of hers too, so I may be a bit biased here.)

Imaginary Light 09-14-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Abbey (Post 116487)
Agreed. What he did, just barging up there and not just interrupting her, but interrupting her with praise for one of her competitors, was just horrible.

(The fact that I really like Taylor Swift have something to do with my feelings about that ;) Apparently P!nk didn't approve of his behaviour either, and I'm a fan of hers too, so I may be a bit biased here.)

I don't think anybody approves of his behavior. People are very angry with him after that, understandably so. I mean, here's this 19-year-old girl, so excited about winning her first VMA, and he has to ruin it for her. Thank goodness for Beyonce being a class act about it, and letting Taylor come back onstage during the Best Video of the Year.

Howard 09-14-2009 02:53 PM

I would like to make a point over this recent incident. Had it been anyone of us that went up there and did what Kanye (he was a guest don't you know) did, we would have been dragged off, kicked out, and probably charged. Which leads to wonder if this was not just a publicity stunt.::)

Cassini90125 09-14-2009 03:06 PM

If it was, it was a stunt by Kayne West, for Kayne West. There's no conspiracy here; this is just a man acting like a jerk. If MTV had any sense, they'd ban his sorry ass and never let him back.

xxxClaire 09-14-2009 04:55 PM

I can't believe someone would do that... Kanye's such a jackass. :frankiemad:

Beyonce has a lot of class for calling Taylor back up though. :)

Lynnie 09-14-2009 05:40 PM

This is all everyone's been talking about today. And I agree, it was just a publicity stunt by Kanye for Kanye because he's an arrogant jerk and, oh, rap is just soooo much cooler than pop/country, didn't you know? /sarcasm ::)

I do like some of Beyonce's music, but I think I'm going to be liking more of it from now on. Kudos to her. :)

Major Abbey 09-15-2009 07:25 AM

Well, I'm a Beyonce fan as well. :)

I'd say this is Kanye West trying to get some attention. There's no other reason for him to do that.

Sparky 09-17-2009 08:03 PM

My other computer picked up a virus, so I'm scanning it with AVG. In the meantime, the computer's built-in scanner is yelling at me that I have to pay for their software to fix the problem. So I don't know which is more annoying, the virus or the software, lol. Thought I had uninstalled all the built-in crap, guess not.

Cassini90125 09-17-2009 08:18 PM

Ugh, I get pop-up ads along those lines now and then. "Warning - u haz a virus!", and when I click to close the window, some unauthorized program tries to run a pretend scan, which, if I let it run, will "find" all sorts of malware that Program X can easily fix for only $29.99! Damn things ought to be illegal. :frankiemad:

Lynnie 09-17-2009 08:31 PM

My parents installed a registry fix program onto their computer that they never registered. And you have to register it in order for it to do anything useful. So it scans the computer every other day, slowing the computer way down while it does, finishes saying it found 30,175 registry errors, and when you click "Fix now" it takes you to the register page where you need to enter your credit card number and get it charged for $49.99. It's annoying as anything. But they swear it does something useful, so they don't want me to get rid of it for them. ::)

Meanwhile, the time has come again to have my car registered for another year, but I have yet to see the notice to do so come in the mail, and I'm worried. It may have gotten lost in the bulk mail I got while I was at my parents' place for a month and a half. I'm not sure what to do about it because I need the barcode and number on the notice to go through with the registration. :macwor: