Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Lynnie 03-05-2009 06:52 PM

My first ticket ever involved me going to the courthouse to straiten it out. It was terrifying given I'd never even gotten a ticket before.

It was back in the day when my parents still covered my auto insurance. It just so happened the insurance policy had just expired, so it was renewed and new cards were issued. I was in Texas and my folks were in New Mexico, so they had to mail me the new cards. Not meaning to rat on my parents, but they were taking their time in mailing the new cards to me, so I was driving around with expired cards for about a week, and I happened to have been pulled over during that time. The officer, though just doing his job and certainly having heard every story out there, didn't show any sympathy when I said I was insured, and my parents just hadn't mailed me the new cards yet, so he told me to take it up with the court. ::) So I didn't work for two days because I was so terrified of getting pulled over again, and when my parents Fed-Exed my new cards, before even going back to work, I went strait to the courthouse to get everything straitened out and clear my record. Thankfully, once I got there, the secretary I spoke to was able to pull up my file and fix it for me right away, without me having to go before a judge or anything. But man, what an unpleasant experience that whole thing was!

Sama-chan 03-08-2009 12:53 AM

AP Chemistry
that class needs to be exterminated and sent back to the demonic realm from which it was spawned.
Not the class itself or the teacher even, but the subject....its messing up my GPA its so hard. I cant stand it :edmad:

fosters home fan 03-09-2009 08:20 AM

The Wapanese. >:(

koosie 03-09-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 107055)

The who?

fosters home fan 03-09-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koosie (Post 107057)
The who?

Poeple who pretend to be Japanese and never shut up about the anime culture.

koosie 03-09-2009 09:09 AM

Hmmm. Given the explosion in the population of such folk in my lifetime it's probably safe to assume that it's the most visible sign of a major geo-cultural shift on this planet and that you'd better learn to live with it. It is amazing though that when the movie version of Akira was released in this country it was thought to be minority interest stuff. Now there's shops in this city that sell virtually nothing but asian comics and videos predominantly one presumes to your generation.

fosters home fan 03-09-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koosie (Post 107059)
Hmmm. Given the explosion in the population of such folk in my lifetime it's probably safe to assume that it's the most visible sign of a major geo-cultural shift on this planet and that you'd better learn to live with it. It is amazing though that when the movie version of Akira was released in this country it was thought to be minority interest stuff. Now there's shops in this city that sell virtually nothing but asian comics and videos predominantly one presumes to your generation.

You're right. I watch some anime shows, but, the only problem with the "Wapanese" people is that:
They usually are loud and rude
They have awful grammar (worse than chatspeek) and are hard to understand
They usualy give True anime fans (people who blindly watch said shows for fun, like me) a Bad Name.

Never seen "Akira" before.

koosie 03-09-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 107060)
You're right. I watch some anime shows, but, the only problem with the "Wapanese" people is that:
They usually are loud and rude
They have awful grammar (worse than chatspeek) and are hard to understand
They usualy give True anime fans (people who blindly watch said shows for fun, like me) a Bad Name.

Never seen "Akira" before.

Well being loud and rude seems hardly appropriate behaviour for self-styled Japanophiles. Or anyone for that matter.

Do see Akira. It is fantastic. I can't say I'm too familiar with that much Japanese animation. They do make some brill movies though like Happiness of the Katakuris or Save the Green Planet, which is actually Korean.

fosters home fan 03-09-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koosie (Post 107062)
Well being loud and rude seems hardly appropriate behaviour for self-styled Japanophiles. Or anyone for that matter.

Do see Akira. It is fantastic. I can't say I'm too familiar with that much Japanese animation. They do make some brill movies though like Happiness of the Katakuris or Save the Green Planet

Hmm. Well, the people I dealt with didn't label themselves as "Japanophiles". Hardcore anime fans might've been a better term for the people that I put up with for a while, though.

Quote:

Do see Akira.
I will have to watch that, sometime.

On a side note, the guy I put with didn't like many anime shows. Only glorified his one or two faves, then bashed everything else, including one of my favourite anime shows. He also pretended to be Japanese (not in a fun matter, in a serious way) So, yeah.

Sparky 03-09-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 107055)

You're not the first to post that. But could you guys please stop posting things without explaining why in these threads? We're not in the Spam section so try to post discussions, don't just name a thing you don't like, okay?

It doesn't "tick me off" but this did make me sad (we don't have a "what makes you sad" thread)...my pet giant water bug Stinkie died today. :sadbendy: I got him several months ago and he was one of the neatest pets I ever had. I bought him a bunch of goldfish today too, so now I have pet goldfish. :jk: