Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Lynnie 12-09-2008 06:03 PM

I was suppose to have every weekend off until after Christmas, but due to a co-worker quitting, I've been forced to work this coming Sunday. And that's not all, either. I get off at 8 pm, and come in at 4 the next morning. Even if I fall asleep the minute I clock out, I won't get a full 8 hours of sleep. I'll likely not even be coming online on Sunday, unless I want to get up early, which is already hard to do on a Sunday. :sadbendy:

taranchula 12-09-2008 08:02 PM

Nothing ticks me off more then the crippling transit strike that will touch down upon my fair city starting tomorrow.

Why? Because as a regular user of public transportation and no access to a car, this will make getting to and from work and other places a daily adventure.

On the plus side where I work is only a 15 minuet walk from where I live, which doesn't seem like a lot but when you factor in Ottawa's wacky weather patterns I could face anything from huge blizzards to freezing rain to Arctic gusts of wind. All of which could make those 15 minuets seems like an eternity.

So hopefully with any luck, this labor dispute will be taken care off as soon as possible and things in my city will return to a state of relative normalcy.

Ridureyu 12-09-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranchula (Post 101528)
Nothing ticks me off more then the crippling transit strike that will touch down upon my fair city starting tomorrow.

Why? Because as a regular user of public transportation and no access to a car, this will make getting to and from work and other places a daily adventure.

On the plus side where I work is only a 15 minuet walk from where I live, which doesn't seem like a lot but when you factor in Ottawa's wacky weather patterns I could face anything from huge blizzards to freezing rain to Arctic gusts of wind. All of which could make those 15 minuets seems like an eternity.

So hopefully with any luck, this labor dispute will be taken care off as soon as possible and things in my city will return to a state of relative normalcy.

Just socket a few Perfect Sapphires into your shield, or maybe wear some Greaves with Half Freeze Duration or Cannot be Frozen, and you should be fine.

...Perhaps it was a bad idea for me to reinstall Diablo II.

some guy you dont know 12-11-2008 04:25 AM

having a cold. never fun, always a pain.

going to school with a cold. about the worst part of having a cold, is going to school with one.

fosters home fan 12-11-2008 12:02 PM

People from Delaware.

Cassini90125 12-11-2008 12:27 PM

Repeatedly being asked for money. I have told people in this building "NO" repeatedly but a few of them don't seem to understand the word. I know what they want it for, too; booze and tobacco. I don't care if they want to smoke and drink, they're perfectly legal activities, but I am not going to pay for one habit so they can indulge in the other. Learn to budget your money, people; it's not my problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 101669)
People from Delaware.

Huh?? Why?? :terrconf:

some guy you dont know 12-11-2008 01:09 PM

my dad, whos going off on me for acting the same way i do every day. im not having a good day, so im a little ticked to start with. then he just kinda yells at me because i was locked out when i went to get the mail.

then when i get mad at him because hes yelling at me for no reason, he gets madder. because how dare i get mad at somebody whos acting like a jerk?

fosters home fan 12-11-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 101671)

Huh?? Why?? :terrconf:

They're all stuck up snobs! :terrence::terrence::terrence::terrence:

Sparky 12-11-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters home fan (Post 101675)
They're all stuck up snobs! :terrence::terrence::terrence::terrence:

I think you're the stuck up snob if you honestly think every single person who happens to live in the same state are all unpleasant people. And frankly I don't appreciate that kind of prejudice on my forum, kthx.

fosters home fan 12-11-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 101676)
I think you're the stuck up snob if you honestly think every single person who happens to live in the same state are all unpleasant people. And frankly I don't appreciate that kind of prejudice on my forum, kthx.

Mmm, then explain to me why most people I've met from there have, indeed, been snobbish.

I guess I should've said most.

Anyways, the brand new car breaking down ticks me off, as well.