Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

fosters home fan 11-21-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 99376)
Might be your chance to step up. What kind of forum is it, anyway?

That'd be cool, if I could step up on that forum.

It's an anime one. Somewhat similar to this place, but, just barely a year old.

Quote:

Two spelling errors = 90-day suspension? That's harsh. :P
Hehe. Yeah. :bloobleh: Week suspension would've been slightly more reasonable.

Quote:

Over at MATY if you commit too many spelling errors or indulge in l33tspeak they confine you to their version of the Spam section and don't let you post outside of it. Of course, this is MATY we're talking about, so they don't call it the Spam section; they call it "Retardo Land". Seriously. 8D
I got to see that someday. 8D

Sparky 11-21-2008 04:19 PM

I mod on an rp forum that started in June/July, and the admin vanished completely in September. I've basically been running it, but without full access to the admin cp, we're pretty much crippled. Not that the rp has begun yet, but this certainly isn't helping! Anyways I've offered to set up the forum anew elsewhere (either on a free forum site or on my own website with like, phpbb) and have gotten NO feedback from anyone, including the other mod, who last I talked to him is still waiting for the admin to come back. You kow what, even if the admin does come back, what gives him the right to reclaim the reigns after disappearing for so long?? He's never been what I'd call a good admin anyways (plus his character is the biggest Gary Stu I've ever seen), he so does not deserve the privelege of running that game if it does pick up. :P Not that I need to admin yet another forum though. So I'm conflicted on if I should press the issue. It has the potental to be a great game though, and the other mod is a fantastic writer.

Anyways that's the kind of crap that happens when an admin abandons their forum, fhf. It becomes a pain in a bunch of other people's butts.

Mac-a-lacka 11-22-2008 06:03 PM

My dad. Who has been short with me. Saying stuff to me in rude and mean tones. He's been really ticking me off lately. :edmad:

some guy you dont know 11-23-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka (Post 99506)
My dad. Who has been short with me. Saying stuff to me in rude and mean tones. He's been really ticking me off lately. :edmad:

hm. sounds just like my dad. doesnt help that he complains about how lazy i am when i try to spend a second to save what im doing on something before i go out and do something he tells me to do, while sitting on the couch all day and doing nothing.

Frankie_Foster 11-25-2008 02:56 PM

Telemarketers. :frankiemad:

Cassini90125 11-25-2008 03:07 PM

Ugh, I hate those pests. I got surprisingly few political calls during the campaign but there's this one guy who owns a carpet cleaning service who's become a bit of a nuisance. The phrase, "Dude, if I want my carpet cleaned I'll call the building's maintenance supervisor" doesn't seem to register with him. >:(

Howard 11-25-2008 05:28 PM

I have one of those coach whistles that I blow real loud when one of those punks call.:frankiemad:

Lynnie 11-25-2008 07:15 PM

I've never had the heart to give them a hard time. They're just trying to do their job. I simply don't answer the phone if my caller ID says it's a service call. I'd hate to have their job.

Speaking of jobs, maybe it's not so much my job that's ticking me off right now as the economy. But as my fellow American's know, this is one of the busiest shopping weeks of the year (the week of Thanksgiving for those not in the States). My company is working on the bare minimum of staff and supplies in order to save as much money as we can and not go in debt like so many other companies are. We don't expect it to be as busy this year as we've been in previous years either. But that doesn't mean we'll be so slow, only one cashier will be plenty for three and a half hours the morning of Black Friday!!

And of course, that cashier is me. I'm going to pull my hair out, throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and cry. I'm not looking forward to it at all. And in fact, I'm worried sick about handling things all alone for that long. :-X It's so ridiculous, it just doesn't make sense. For crying out loud, it's BLACK FRIDAY!!!

jekylljuice 11-26-2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 99774)
I've never had the heart to give them a hard time. They're just trying to do their job. I simply don't answer the phone if my caller ID says it's a service call. I'd hate to have their job.

Agreed. They sure as heck are a nuisance, and if I'm ever unfortunate enough to pick up the phone when one of them's on the line, I do my best to get out of it as quickly as possible, but if I'll be honest I do feel kind of sorry for them. It must be a truly tedious job and I can only imagine the abuse that they have to routinely endure from their more irate recipients. Besides, more often than not, I get the feeling that the people we talk to are really just pawns in the overall operation.

Mac-a-lacka 11-26-2008 07:24 AM

We all know what I do when telemarketers call. :blooevil:

As long as they're not automated. :P