Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Cassini90125 09-14-2008 10:29 AM

Yeah, I hear you. They're pretty lame, nothing but a form of wish fulfillment, just like most of the rest. "I can get everything I want by living vicariously through my really original OC or by using another character as my proxy!" Kind of sad when you think about it. Popularity is fun, true, but it's not worth sacrificing your dignity and being laughed at.

Nyo 09-14-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 91291)
Yeah, I hear you. They're pretty lame, nothing but a form of wish fulfillment, just like most of the rest. "I can get everything I want by living vicariously through my really original OC or by using another character as my proxy!" Kind of sad when you think about it. Popularity is fun, true, but it's not worth sacrificing your dignity and being laughed at.

Srsly.

Sometimes it's so satisifying when the character/OC (Mary Sue or not) in question gets a karma sucker-punch to the face for being so shallow. I kind of like that plot-twist :slybendy: Or if the character succeeds in the conquest the the fanfic/story is epic fail and I usually have my own alternate ending - the character walks into the street without looking both ways gets hit by a bus (anyone who catches that reference gets a cookie) ;D.

Cassini90125 09-14-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyo (Post 91307)
Srsly.

Sometimes it's so satisifying when the character/OC (Mary Sue or not) in question gets a karma sucker-punch to the face for being so shallow. I kind of like that plot-twist :slybendy: Or if the character succeeds in the conquest the the fanfic/story is epic fail and I usually have my own alternate ending - the character walks into the street without looking both ways gets hit by a bus (anyone who catches that reference gets a cookie) ;D.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy I believe?

Nyo 09-14-2008 05:30 PM

Actually it was from the movie Mean Girls, but I get your point :)

Also, Mean Boy's friend Even Meaner Boy will not STFU >_>

Howard 09-15-2008 07:19 PM

These bloody markets! 500 points! I mean my houses are worth nothing, and is killing me financially; not to mention my retirement plans have gone slightly south. Look who suffers when the big guys (investors) get greedy! Yeah, I am a little put out right now!:frankiemad::terrence:

Cassini90125 09-15-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2k (Post 91379)
These bloody markets! 500 points! I mean my houses are worth nothing, and is killing me financially; not to mention my retirement plans have gone slightly south. Look who suffers when the big guys (investors) get greedy! Yeah, I am a little put out right now!:frankiemad::terrence:

I don't blame you one bit. My investments have taken a beating this year too and these greedy lunatics are at least part of the problem. Do these people really need another million dollars when they already have 300 million? Why? Bragging rights, or something equally stupid? I understand the desire to acquire things and be comfortable and secure, and that requires money obviously, but beyond a certain point it's ridiculous. Does one really need to have a second Lear jet when the first one works fine and never gets used anyway? It's greed and stupidity, nothing more, and it hurts everybody. Not that the corporate bigwigs care. :frankiemad:

One Radical Dude 09-15-2008 08:07 PM

Would you believe me, if I told you that many people that call/email me about job opportunities are bogus? That's exactly what I've been getting, and today is no exception. This one dude kept calling me like 3-4 times. I usually do not respond to anyone with a phone number I'm familiar with, unless he/she leaves a message. This person did. He had a really thick Indian accent, and I couldn't really understand him. I did a search on the phone number, and I read something that immediately raised a red flag (saying that the 'recruiter' requires a SSN). Ugh. Then again, it was in an area I don't wish to relocate to, anyway.

koosie 09-16-2008 09:03 AM

Cancer.

It's just killed off Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright who composed classics like 'Paintbox' and rather appropriately 'Great Gig in the Sky'. Yeh cancer's already taken out too many people I loved and respected to mention and is still at it. They say every cancer may have its own viral trigger so maybe it's those viruses I really hate. I dunno. I suppose theres always got to be something to do that necessary work. I always think of the last scene of 'The Seventh Seal' if I get too morose about it all. Recommended b/w European Cinema!

fosters home fan 09-16-2008 09:09 AM

Uber zealous forum mods and admins. (not anyone here.) THAT'S what ticks me off.

jekylljuice 09-16-2008 09:57 AM

Yeah, I heard about Richard Wright. Sad - he was such a brilliant musician, and the world is certainly a poorer place for having been robbed of his talent.