Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Cassini90125 08-19-2008 09:56 AM

I stopped watching after the Tonya Harding fiasco, although prior to that I didn't pay much attention to the events anyway. I really think it's more about politics than sports these days.

One Radical Dude 08-19-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranchula (Post 87828)
I've been disillusioned with Olympic judging since the 2002 Canadian pairs figure skating debacle in Salt Lake City.

Granted they got the gold anyways, but there shouldn't have been any dispute in the first place.

Even I thought Sale and Pelletier were judge unfairly at the 2002 Salt Lake City games. Fortunately for them, they were given gold medals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 87831)
I stopped watching after the Tonya Harding fiasco, although prior to that I didn't pay much attention to the events anyway. I really think it's more about politics than sports these days.

I don't disagree with that.

L.G. 08-19-2008 01:02 PM

Online Hackers

:nono: Way to ruin a fun game.

But that player doesn't always win.

Bloonan 08-19-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.G. (Post 87843)
Online Hackers

:nono: Way to ruin a fun game.

But that player doesn't always win.

ZOMG, that is awesome! *adds "Infinite blue shells in MKW" to his list of things to do if he hacks his Wii*
:P jk, But I love hackers.

What gets me mad: Getting in the shower, and noticing the water is FREEZING when you get in it.
I hate that.

Mac-a-lacka 08-19-2008 03:29 PM

Last night, I kept smelling something horrible, I thought it was a gas leak, I woke up my sister and she discovered the problem: a can that contained rotten eggs. Obviously, someone gathered eggs from the chicken house and forgot to put them away. Ugh. :P :bloobleh: :madwilt: :frankiemad: :terrence: >:(

Lynnie 08-19-2008 08:47 PM

"You don't really realize what you have until after you've lost it" is a phrase running through my head right now, because the WiFi at the sight here has been very temperamental today, possibly to do with the weather, as it is very rainy and windy (does WiFi work similar to satellite dishes? I must admit I'm not too familiar with it yet). I keep getting cut off. I haven't been able to check all my messages because I kept getting cut off, it took way too long to load the pages, and I finally gave up. Not a real big deal, but it's still so frustrating! And also, my vacation ends tomorrow night. Boo! :cry2:

One Radical Dude 08-19-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 87867)
"You don't really realize what you have until after you've lost it" is a phrase running through my head right now, because the WiFi at the sight here has been very temperamental today, possibly to do with the weather, as it is very rainy and windy (does WiFi work similar to satellite dishes? I must admit I'm not too familiar with it yet). I keep getting cut off. I haven't been able to check all my messages because I kept getting cut off, it took way too long to load the pages, and I finally gave up. Not a real big deal, but it's still so frustrating! And also, my vacation ends tomorrow night. Boo! :cry2:

I don't think Wi-Fi networks can be impacted by the weather. The ISP may be at fault, if it's not the router, gateway, or faulty wiring to the router.

Sparky 08-19-2008 09:21 PM

I just learned about a little conure at a rescue in Georgia who lived for 11 years in a cage with cedar chips on the bottom - cedar is POISONOUS. I'm guessing there was a grating so he couldn't eat it, but the fumes...made his feathers fall out. ALL OF THEM. The owners took him to the vet and said "oh he's a feather plucker" and left it at that, even though, let's see, oh: parrots can't pluck their own heads... :jk:

Milo's at the beginning of this vid

Then there's the 17 year old who's going to college in a year who came onto a parrot forum saying he wants to get a parakeet or cockatiel and then rehome it when he goes to college, just so he can have one "for now". :(

Oh let's make it a three-for...a lady in Ireland went to the home of a parent of another kid in her kid's toddler group and there was a cage covered with a dirty bedsheet in the corner. The homeowner said, oh those are lovebirds, they're too noisy so we cover them. They uncovered it and the male was dead and rotting with maggots and the female was almost dead. The lady took the female and rehomed her, but couldn't report the neglect/abuse because she took the bird away and the owner dumped the cage, destroying the evidence.

Cassini90125 08-19-2008 09:44 PM

Just wonderful how some idiots treat their pets, isn't it? Makes me sick. They're living things and deserve better treatment than that. If you're going to bring a pet into your home, care for it, and take the time to learn to do it right. :madbloo:

Lynnie 08-19-2008 10:06 PM

That reeeaaalllllyyy makes me mad too, hearing how people can think of animals as just "things". They are family, dang it! If you're going to treat your pet like that, you might as well be tearing my heart out, ripping it to shreds and then stomping on the remains. :terrence: :madwilt: :mad: