Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

some guy you dont know 08-14-2008 08:13 PM

constant failure. espicially (or maybe only) in video games. i can never get past that one part, and it practicly drives me to tears of anger.

L.G. 08-15-2008 12:48 PM

My Internet Browser (Firefox) is crashing more frequently in recent days. It seems to only crash when I use Google search. I dunno if that action is causing the crashes or what.

Lynnie 08-15-2008 08:34 PM

Having a paper cut on my thumb. I keep bumping it. I swear, this thing is never going to heal! :bloosad:

Howard 08-15-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 87554)
Having a paper cut on my thumb. I keep bumping it. I swear, this thing is never going to heal! :bloosad:

Yuck! That has got to hurt! Papercuts are small, but they are SOOOOO annoying!:frankiemad:

kageri 08-15-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 87046)
A new member here just tried to bribe their way into a mod position. THAT ticked me off. :edmad:

...Okay, I gotta ask. With what? Money? I almost wish I'd seen that conversation.

Sparky 08-16-2008 11:08 AM

Yeah. First with some graphics work (and I've seen his stuff on other sites, he is NOT good), and when I refused, $250.

Howard 08-16-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 87621)
Yeah. First with some graphics work (and I've seen his stuff on other sites, he is NOT good), and when I refused, $250.

I cannot believe people are that stupid! Geez!:terrence:

L.G. 08-18-2008 12:21 PM

Two things:

A. Lately, Mario Kart Wii hasn't been fun online: while bikers generally tick me off, this one guy taunted me by waiting at the finish line and crossing it just before I did in a 1 on 1 race (the player was not on my friends list). And I've gotten so serious with maintaining my online ranking, I've overlooked my original motto playing online: just be happy if you placed in the top half. I'm really thinking about setting aside Mario Kart for a few days and finally get to playing the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

B. My Browser again, this time for sometimes crashing when I use CN video.

Edit: A third thing...ants...I keep finding them on my computer desk.

One Radical Dude 08-19-2008 01:03 AM

Some of the judging of the 2008 Beijing Olympics gymnastics programs. After the 2004 Athens games, I believe there was a change in the scoring of the event. You could no longer get the perfect 10. They now score based on the difficulty level/start value and the execution. From what I saw during the last few women's events, Alicia Sacramone pretty much got screwed on the individual vault apparatus. She scored lower than China's Cheng Fei (who landed on her knees on her second vault), and somehow beat Sacramone for the bronze. Then on the uneven bars, USA's Nastia Liukin and China's He Kexin both receive 16.725 for their performances. Somehow (thanks to the stupid tie-breaking system), He won the gold and Liukin won the silver. The new scoring system didn't help anything; it only made things worse. What were you thinking, IOC? :edmad:

taranchula 08-19-2008 09:49 AM

I've been disillusioned with Olympic judging since the 2002 Canadian pairs figure skating debacle in Salt Lake City.

Granted they got the gold anyways, but there shouldn't have been any dispute in the first place.