Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Nathander 07-24-2008 03:09 AM

Being invited to an ex's wedding and, since you've remained friends with her, not having any graceful way of getting out of going. Kinda sucks, guys, especially when you know deep down the same kind of event will never happen for you.

That, and people who think that anger shouldn't be vented. I'm sick of people thinking that anger should either be bottled up or "overcome". It's only healthy that anger should be vented, as long as it's vented in a non-violent way and in privacy as not to alarm others.

Also, being the only person who knows psychology in a group of people who are having a discussion on psychology, and constantly having your opinions pushed aside.

Oh, and having a hangover sucks. I can't imagine why people would honestly drink so much as to have one while full knowing what the consequence will be.

Oh, also the fact that my roommate has kept a seafood dish sitting on the kitchen counter for two days. I can smell that crap from my room, and I swear to God that if he doesn't remove it soon I'm going to be throwing it in his face.

Ridureyu 07-24-2008 11:03 AM

I have an ex-girlfriend who's remained on good terms, and who tends to show her baby pictures all the time.

Medikor 07-24-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathander (Post 83442)
Oh, also the fact that my roommate has kept a seafood dish sitting on the kitchen counter for two days. I can smell that crap from my room, and I swear to God that if he doesn't remove it soon I'm going to be throwing it in his face.

Nothing worse than food left on the counter. My place has been pretty busy due to all the company and, needless to say, food has been left out for the fruit flies to start swarming over. Those little buggers (the flies, not the guests) are starting to drive me nuts.

Nathander 07-24-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medikor (Post 83588)
Nothing worse than food left on the counter. My place has been pretty busy due to all the company and, needless to say, food has been left out for the fruit flies to start swarming over. Those little buggers (the flies, not the guests) are starting to drive me nuts.

Luckily, we haven't gotten anything like that yet. Still, I'm hoping he has it thrown out by the time I get back later this week. I'm currently staying with my sister to keep her company while my parents are out of town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridureyu
I have an ex-girlfriend who's remained on good terms, and who tends to show her baby pictures all the time.

You could know where I'm coming from them. I admit I'm being overly sensitive and, to a degree, selfish, but it's hard not to be at some points.

Anyway, fleas drive me utterly crazy. They really, really do.

BluebottleFlyer 07-24-2008 08:04 PM

After finding out just what they were like this week, I'm not a fan of 10 hour long haul flights. Granted, they're obviously quicker than land or sea, but it just still feels like forever before you get to where you're going. And you pretty much have to pull an all-nighter to get through it, what with time zones.

Sparky 07-24-2008 08:06 PM

An Open Letter

Dear Comic-Con Goer:

The Comic-Con Convention Hall is packed tightly with hundreds of bodies. When you are chatting with your friend on your cel phone, please to not be flailing your arms wildly. If I did not wear glasses I may have lost an eye.

Sincerely,

Me

L.G. 07-27-2008 10:26 AM

Working from 6:30am to 8:15pm Friday. Granted, the last two hours were traveling time, but I was still drained later that night.

taranchula 07-28-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 83628)
Dear Comic-Con Goer:

The Comic-Con Convention Hall is packed tightly with hundreds of bodies. When you are chatting with your friend on your cel phone, please to not be flailing your arms wildly. If I did not wear glasses I may have lost an eye.

Sincerely,

Me

Here here, I agree. They should have designated areas in convention center for people to go, if they want to yak (and smack) on their cell phones.

Lynnie 07-29-2008 07:14 PM

What sometimes ticks me off is people who think it's a fad or a "style" to freak out over something and make a scene when it's not that big a deal. You know, those ladies who insist on jumping on a chair and screaming when they see a cockroach or a mouse. I had an occurrence today at work that, although not that bad, I still found annoying. Ok, I can understand why someone would be afraid of snakes. Really, I do. I almost got bitten right on the tip of the nose by a baby rattler once. Talk about scary! But when you're soooooo afraid of snakes, you don't even want to look at them, even from across the building, even when they are in a locked GLASS cage, even when they're all young and small (and if you ask me, even cute and beautiful), and even when none of them are poisonous, then I think you're just trying to be melodramatic- And it's ANNOYING!

So a lady comes into my work place today. For those who don't know, I work at a large pet supply store, and we also sell small pets, including snakes. Anyway, she must be in her 20s, and clearly well off financially, has her hair bleached blonde. She seems nice and polite, but also acts like a spoiled valley girl. She comes to me and asks me where the restroom is. I happily tell her, and she asks, as if not bashful about it at all "Oh, there aren't any snakes on the way back there are there?" I answer "No there aren't", but inwardly I'm saying to myself "What the...? Are you seriously asking me this? Chill! They're on the other side of the building, in locked GLASS cages, all young and small (and if you ask me, even cute and beautiful), and none of them are poisonous!" Ugh! A phobia is one thing, but when you act like it's "cute" or "stylish" to have it, well, it's not. It's just obnoxious. ::)

L.G. 07-29-2008 07:41 PM

A bee sting. One second, I heard a buzzuz buzzuz buzzuz. Next second, I feel a sharp pain on my right hand uttering words that I won't repeat here. I didn't even see the blasted thing go near my hand. I can still feel the pain, and that sting was from 8 hours ago.