Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

antgirl1 07-09-2008 05:46 PM

You know, right at this moment I am on the one computer with an internet connection in the household. I keep having to BRB over and over due to the fact people keep resetting the cable router, sometimes without even telling me...

AND HERE IT GOES AGAIN WOOO

Cassini90125 07-09-2008 06:16 PM

And again I'm on my laptop. I don't know what the hell is going on with my main system. Everytime I try to access the internet I get a message from Norton telling me that it has blocked an internet worm intrusion. From there I can get to my Yahoo home page and my email page. I cannot access my email, however, or do anything else at all. I really feel like hitting something very hard. :terrence:

BLOOSTER12 07-10-2008 11:25 AM

do you want to know what ticks me off here is a list.

1. My little brother
2. 4kids entertainment
3. My dog barking loudly
4. Typing your password on the computer
5. My cats squeaking
6. The computer going slow because my big brother is downloading something that is going slow.
7. Parody movies.
8. Waiting 30 minutes till the movie starts
9. Stupid price changes
10. Stupid idiots that yell alot

Cassini90125 07-10-2008 11:55 AM

I attempted to install a new virus scanner on my main system earlier. It refused to be installed until I got rid of another virus scanner called "ewido". Aside from being annoying, this was also confusing, as I'd never heard of it before and to the best of my knowledge had never installed any such program. After a search I located the program, and moments later discovered that it was in a folder named "Geek Squad". Ewido is the program Best Buy used to scan for viruses when I sought their assistance with my system's problems over a year ago; they left it installed without telling me. They solved nothing at the time and charged me for work that took a week when it should have taken a day. And they left software behind without my knowledge or consent? Not acceptable, period. I doubt it did any harm but that's not the point. In any case the high-priced new supercomputer that I'm likely to buy next year will be bought at Circuit City, and I offer my hearty congratulations to the West Hartford Best Buy for permanently losing a customer. :terrence:

Ridureyu 07-10-2008 03:09 PM

I have a Ford Explorer that gets 26-27 miles per gallon. Heh heh heh. But anyway!

My pastor is getting royally screwed over at church. The brand-newly-elected Elder Board is plannig to "restructure," and in doing so:

-Cut the pastor's yearly income down to $14K.

-No sick leave or vacation time at all.

-Although he no longer will speak every week (the justification for cutting his salary), the elder board has the right to ask him to speak more than required, and they will only compensate him if deemed necessary on a case-by-case basis.

-Make him log all miles travelled for business or personal time. No, there is no gas compensation, they just want ot make sure he is "responsible."

-If he is asked to perform any extra duties, he will only be compensated if deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis.

-He is cut out of all administrative decisions.

-The pastor loaned the church a lot of money in the past. They are trying to cancel having to pay him back.

-As opposed to the pastor being one of the church elders, they are treating him as an employee beneath the elder board

I have a feeling that this won't go over well, as he is literally the goose that lays the golden egg, and shooting that goose is a bad, bad thing. But it honestly makes me ANGRY to see him abused like this. Honestly, the guy who basically runs the place shouldn't be the one you cut down first.

There are a few other things, but those are the main points. ORD, don't talk too much about this when you come visit, as the situation may have changed *again* then. Oi.

One Radical Dude 07-10-2008 04:39 PM

I won't bring it up, Rid. It sucks to hear about the pastor's position right now. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way. I really hope things turn around for him. Ugh...what a messed up year this has been. :P

Mac-a-lacka 07-10-2008 04:40 PM

There was a lady who walked by me in the grocery store and her perfume was so strong that my eye's watered, it stunk too. :'( :P

Lynnie 07-10-2008 05:46 PM

Ok, as a PK (that's "pastor's kid" not "Promise Keeper") (but then I'm not qualified to be a Promise Keeper anyway, so.. :oops:), the sound of a pastor being abused in such a way REALLY ticks me off! I hope someone with better morals is able to step in and straiten things out for him. That just really... arrrgh!! :mad:

And Cass, I've been seeing around the web that you're NOT the only one having problems connecting to the internet over the last 48 hours. It has to do with a recent Microsoft update, and a lot of people are having the same problem. It's been a real pain. So check this out-
http://www.darkreading.com/document....&WT.svl=wire_1

Hopefully that will fix the problem. Good luck. :up:

Cassini90125 07-10-2008 09:17 PM

It didn't; my system and modem both refuse to acknowledge each other's existence. Thanks anyway. For the foreseeable future I'll be doing all my online stuff from this partially cooperative laptop.

... and just to make my life even more wonderful, while in the middle of typing this post, Vista decided to kill my connection and restart my system without warning or permission. Yeah. I gotta tell you that while a couple of good things did happened today, overall it's been pretty horrible. If I had it to do over again, I would not get out of bed. :sad:

BluebottleFlyer 07-11-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 82551)
It didn't; my system and modem both refuse to acknowledge each other's existence. Thanks anyway. For the foreseeable future I'll be doing all my online stuff from this partially cooperative laptop.

... and just to make my life even more wonderful, while in the middle of typing this post, Vista decided to kill my connection and restart my system without warning or permission. Yeah. I gotta tell you that while a couple of good things did happened today, overall it's been pretty horrible. If I had it to do over again, I would not get out of bed. :sad:

Someone told me recently that Microsoft apparently design all their OS's and software to fail on a regular basis. Talk about daylight robbery...
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day, too.