Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Cassini90125 04-18-2008 12:39 PM

Watch the political talk, people. :nono:

Partymember 04-18-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 (Post 76568)
Dear Lord forbid something like THAT happen. ::) (Although I shouldn't talk-- I'll be going to DC soon enough...)

cool. Field trip?

pitbulllady 04-18-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 (Post 76568)
Dear Lord forbid something like THAT happen. ::) (Although I shouldn't talk-- I'll be going to DC soon enough...)

Well, heck-you're just eight hours from me if you're in DC; might as well swing on down to good ole' South Kakalacky for a visit, if you've come all that way from Alaska!

pitbulllady

CagedWings67 04-18-2008 04:06 PM

You guys are gonna make me cry. All of this field trip to DC stuff is making me sad. I was supposed to go on a field trip this year to DC with the eighth grade, but the entire eighth grade can’t, hence the teachers are on strike for a fair contract and my middle school is basically broke. The farthest we’ve gone on a school field trip was to Cape Cod, three hours from where I live. But that was two years ago….

Back on topic, I just found out another thing that ticks me off. I hate it when you JUST FINISHED typing something on the computer that was ridiculously lengthy, *cough, dA journal, cough* and you are re-reading it to make sure that you didn’t make any errors in it, then you accidentally press a certain key, that makes the screen go to the page that you were on before you typed that whole thing, and you have to type it over again. I hated that.

WiltsAKGirl17 04-18-2008 06:14 PM

One for the Road...

This could very well be my last post for a while, so that's why it's this long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 76577)
Watch the political talk, people. :nono:

Sorry. My fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 76591)
cool. Field trip?

Eh, sort of-- we don't do field trips at my school because everything good's so far away. It's a group trip-- we've been fundraising all year and it's all come down to... about an hour and a half until I go to check in. Squee... X3

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbulllady (Post 76598)
Well, heck-you're just eight hours from me if you're in DC; might as well swing on down to good ole' South Kakalacky for a visit, if you've come all that way from Alaska!

pitbulllady

You have no idea how badly that tempts me! I would love to, but I have to stay with my group and stuff. Plus, my parents might have a heart attack if I call and tell them, "I'm in Charleston, South Carolina. No seriosuly-- I'm in Charleston." But trust me, if I could, I would-- at least, for once, we'll be in the same time zone! (Maybe next road trip...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CagedWings67 (Post 76600)
You guys are gonna make me cry. All of this field trip to DC stuff is making me sad. I was supposed to go on a field trip this year to DC with the eighth grade, but the entire eighth grade can?t, hence the teachers are on strike for a fair contract and my middle school is basically broke. The farthest we?ve gone on a school field trip was to Cape Cod, three hours from where I live. But that was two years ago?.

Back on topic, I just found out another thing that ticks me off. I hate it when you JUST FINISHED typing something on the computer that was ridiculously lengthy, *cough, dA journal, cough* and you are re-reading it to make sure that you didn?t make any errors in it, then you accidentally press a certain key, that makes the screen go to the page that you were on before you typed that whole thing, and you have to type it over again. I hated that.

Sorry, CW-- I didn't want to make you cry. <hugs>

And I understand what you mean about typing stuff and then pushing the wrong button. Or better yet, when you type a ton of stuff for a paper and then close the window and THOUGHT you hit "save," only to find all your hard work-- and brilliant ideas-- are gone. AUGH! :madwilt:

I feel like I put more thought into this one post than I do my AP Bio tests. Oh, well. I'm off to see the wizard!

Partymember 04-18-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 (Post 76611)
Sorry. My fault.

no, it was mine. Sorry.

Sounds like fun, have a good time :) stay safe, though, crime rate in DC is nuts.

taranchula 04-18-2008 09:16 PM

Here is an easy one, "Internet scam artists" I don't even think they're trying anymore given the contents of this e-mail that has just crossed my e-mail inbox. For a fun rainy day activity try and count all of the spelling and grammar mistakes in the following message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Idiot
Compliments of the day,
it has been discovered that some hackers have hacked your credit card and we discovered they have started to put it into use.Due to this reason we have decided to help restore and change your creditcard informations and make it more secured for use that is why we sent you this mail to notify you that we can help secure your credit cards now, all you have to do is just to send your credit card informtions and we will help to retrieve and help get your credit cards secured.All you have to do is to send all informatons of your credit cards to the email address writing below.

This is a prvate organiston that helps people sovle problems on credit cards.At one time or the other we that started this organisation have been victims of credit cards been hacked at one time or the other that is why we came up with the idea of helping those we have detected with our credit card software detective having this same kind of problems...............

Just how dumb do they think I am?...8D

Partymember 04-18-2008 09:20 PM

"organiston"... isn't that where Borat is from?

jagsiemash! :)

taranchula 04-18-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 76637)
"organiston"... isn't that where Borat is from?

jagsiemash! :)

Yeah, and now everytime I reread that message I am going to have Borat's voice reading it out in my head. :P

Partymember 04-18-2008 09:45 PM

very nice! :bloogrin: