Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Sparky 05-08-2007 05:54 PM

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R220 - that one will let you print a black and white document if one of the colors is out. I actually did speak to someone who works for Epson once and they admitted to me that several of their models have their, er..."little faults," as it were.

One Radical Dude 05-09-2007 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 42456)
Windows Vista program.

I know it's the latest computer around and it IS very nice to have for a computer, but it pisses me off a great deal.

Because not everyone on the web has made programs compatible with Vista software, I can't download ANY music, or TV episodes through torrents or Limewire. I gotta juggle around computers just to download one stupid mp3.

It's not the worst thing that could happen but like the thread says, it still ticks me off.

Hmm, I can download stuff off torrents with Vista just fine. I can't speak for the rest, though.

montitech 05-09-2007 11:14 AM

I can understand the frustraiton abot the printers,

I use to work in Field Service for HP. and one of My specialties is Printer hardware.

I would think the main reason the printer fails when a single color is out is due to the model being made for graphics. it is very common for Color printers to be completly paperweights if one color is out. this was also common with HP color lazors 45xx and 85xx series.

as for the print quality you would be surprised how settings affect your quality. as well as file formats and software used to print through. for instance high end qraphic programs have settings to calibrate your image file to be rpg or mcy. also postscript versions somtimes play large issues in image quality it all depends on who is doing the RIPing of the image to print. Is it the printer or is it your software. either way, I HATE PLAYING WITH GRAPHICS and I feel your pain. I am actually having severe quality issues with both my Cell Phone and Home Phone. yes it is not a printer, however it is an electronic device that one expects to work properly with decent quality and it is frustrating when they do not do what need to do.

Good luck on your next printer purchase, remember some manufacturers as well as stores have unconditional return policies in the first 90 days of the purchase allowing you to exchange for either a different model or money back.

MOnty :-/

Cassini90125 05-09-2007 12:06 PM

Unfortunately I've had it too long to get a refund. No, I'm going to get a new printer as soon as my finances permit, and then I'm going to either hurl this worthless hunk of junk off the roof of my building or go after it with a sledgehammer. This machine has put me through a living hell and I will not suffer it's existance any longer. :terrence:

jekylljuice 05-09-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 43361)
Unfortunately I've had it too long to get a refund. No, I'm going to get a new printer as soon as my finances permit, and then I'm going to either hurl this worthless hunk of junk off the roof of my building or go after it with a sledgehammer. This machine has put me through a living hell and I will not suffer it's existance any longer. :terrence:

Yay! I see an Office Space scene re-enactment on the horizon! :bloocross:

Ditchy McAbandonpants 05-10-2007 01:16 AM

You know, I think a better question here is "whose printer doesn't tick them off"? If you raise your hand now, you're clearly some kind of freak. :P The office printer is proof that the idea of technology created to aid mankind is a load of guff. My personal favourites were the ones at my old school; when I tried to print off an important project, it decided it would instead print me out an advertisement for itself. Useful. ::)

Cassini90125 05-10-2007 07:19 AM

Mine will be hard to find a substitute for. The R1800 had a lot of things that I want in a printer:

It could print on larger than normal paper, up to 13" x 19".
It could create iron-ons.
It could print directly to printable DVD's.

More accurately, it was supposed to do these things. It printed one DVD with the Foster's logo, and the colors were a little on the pale side. I never got a chance to use it's other alleged capabilities. What a waste of money.

If anyone would care to recommend a replacement that can (and will) do all that and more, I'm listening. Do not mention the Epson brand to me; if Epson were a Forum member, I'd have it banned. >:(

montitech 05-10-2007 07:55 AM

I am a HUGE HP fan for printers, look at there web site, or call them. I hate going to stores to purchase because they usually do not have the best tech knowledge. and they are usually tying to fill quotas on particular models instead of trying to best fit the person with budget, quality and feachures. remember if you have particular needs talking to technical sales is worth your time that way you know what your getting instead of (like at stores) being told what the label says.

With HP you sacrifice the best dot per inch but reliability is great on models that cost OVER $800 usd. (also the more expensive models are repairable and would usually last an individual over 5 years)
With that said, I currently use the hp officejet 7400 but for BW Laser I still use my LaserJet 2. its slow but great with professional standard fonts, and no smears ever. I also have a handfull of other models that collect dust. Rule of thumb with all printers have at least one extra of each consumable this includes all inks, toners, drum, rollers. naturally consumables vary with model but always have 2 of each color (just in case)

Monty :-/

Sparky 05-10-2007 05:30 PM

Yeah that's why I have 2 printers. I only use the Epson to print DVDs and occasionally to print on photo paper/transfer paper when I need a high quality image. Then I use a Canon for regular printing. (I also have a separate scanner rather than one of those printer/scanner combos). I don't trust one single machine to do everything I want. I don't even use only one computer for everything anymore.

Partymember 05-12-2007 07:43 PM

how about when you email a chick and two days later...no reply :(

montitech 05-13-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 43722)

but how can you be sure she recieved it,
maybe she never logged in, or her spammail or hosting provider droped the email.

I have found Email delivery to be less reliable over the past 2 years than ever before due to the antivirus and antispamming technologies. :terrence:

but I would agree I also hate it when people do not respond to emails.

vannielou 05-13-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

yeah i get that with friends

Cassini90125 05-14-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannielou (Post 43859)
yeah i get that with friends

I get that from my dang brother. I seldom even bother trying anymore. >:(

Mr. Marshmallow 05-14-2007 07:20 AM

The heat, summer heat to be exact.

I personally can tolerate cold much better then I can heat and I tell you, there's nothing in the world that makes me feel worse then when it gets really hot. You get sweaty, sticky, tired, and you feel dirty all over.

Plus you can open all the windows you want and turn on all the fans you like but that really doesn't do alot in the end unless there's a breeze and usually there isn't. And most cases the breeze is blowing hot air your way anyway.

Cassini90125 05-14-2007 07:37 AM

Dude, you have my total sympathy. I can take a hell of a hammering from the cold and never have a problem with it, but when the temperature starts to climb... oh, the things it does to my mood. I absolutely HATE it! And opening the windows and turning on fans never helps in the slightest. No, for me, I need an air conditioner; nothing less will do. It pushes my power bill over the three digit mark during every month of summer and well into autumn, but hell, I'll pay it. Better that than the alternative.

montitech 05-14-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 43884)
The heat, summer heat to be exact.

I personally can tolerate cold much better then I can heat and I tell you, there's nothing in the world that makes me feel worse then when it gets really hot. You get sweaty, sticky, tired, and you feel dirty all over.

Plus you can open all the windows you want and turn on all the fans you like but that really doesn't do alot in the end unless there's a breeze and usually there isn't. And most cases the breeze is blowing hot air your way anyway.

Funny you should bring that up,
My uncle was trying to convice me last week, to relocate down to Florida. he came up and visited for a day last month and I gave him almost the same reson you pointed out above.

I used to live just outside NYC and I could not stand the Summer Heat. It did not last long, like in DC, but it would get horrible for at least 1-2 weeks each year. My wife walked 5 blocks to the library a few years ago back outside NYC, and she melted into a puddle by the time she got there. being on top of the Long Island sound makes the heat very humid and at times unbarable.

Partymember 05-14-2007 11:34 AM

I'm from Michigan. Anyone been through a Michigan winter?

Cold i like, the heat in NY is murderous, though. ::)

Cassini90125 05-14-2007 03:55 PM

I'll trade you a Michigan winter for a New England summer any day. :P

Partymember 05-14-2007 04:48 PM

heh, you live in Cali? I imagine it gets hot there.

CG 05-14-2007 05:54 PM

Going to the Australian Cartoonnetwork site only to get the 'This site only available for viewers in Australia and New Zealand' when I want to see a video on that site.

HELLO? I'm IN Australia, you stupid website!!

Oh, and that you guys in the US can now watch 'The Buck Swaps Here' online. That ticks me off to a point you don't wanna know.

Mr. Marshmallow 05-14-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 43918)
heh, you live in Cali? I imagine it gets hot there.

I have relatives who live there and I spent like a week or so there last year. While it is a great place to see far as sights go, I could never last there, just way too damn hot.

My room in my house is located in the upper floor and it's always hotter in the upper areas then lower areas. What's worse is the fact my fan doesn't do jack to cool me off and it has to be on full blast just to make any kind of affect.

To me, intense searing heat is only good for one thing: making pool water feel nice. Otherwise I can't stand it. Cars become ovens and you end up leaning into your full blast air conditioning just to feel better.

Partymember 05-15-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 43944)
I have relatives who live there and I spent like a week or so there last year. While it is a great place to see far as sights go, I could never last there, just way too damn hot.

My room in my house is located in the upper floor and it's always hotter in the upper areas then lower areas. What's worse is the fact my fan doesn't do jack to cool me off and it has to be on full blast just to make any kind of affect.

To me, intense searing heat is only good for one thing: making pool water feel nice. Otherwise I can't stand it. Cars become ovens and you end up leaning into your full blast air conditioning just to feel better.

egh, the Impala's got leather seats. Nasty in the 80+ degree heat.

Partymember 05-15-2007 03:47 PM

yeah. They're nice cars, though. Mines got 1/4 of a million miles on it now, but i hope it lasts another year or so, just until i can get a Ranger or Tacoma or something. Impalas are nice, though, smooth ride and great mileage.

Cassini90125 05-16-2007 11:20 AM

I hate summer

Back on the subject of heat for a moment, my air conditioner decided that today would be a good day to die. It's around 85 degrees outside, and the humidity is high. The building manager has been called but I've been informed that he's out sick.

Cassini is greatly displeased. >:(

vannielou 05-16-2007 05:10 PM

what ticks me off when people turn out to be totally fake

CG 05-18-2007 07:19 PM

When I need a clip for an AMV I'm working on, turns out I don't have the episode, so I have to download it.

Don't get me started when I can't even find the episode anywhere.

montitech 05-19-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 44285)
When I need a clip for an AMV I'm working on, turns out I don't have the episode, so I have to download it.

Don't get me started when I can't even find the episode anywhere.

in a similar way, I hate when I am working on something, and then I have to get sidetrached to get a file, or do some other side work. then when I get back to the original task, I completly forget what I wanted to do. this would not have happened if I made sure all the prerequisits were in line before I begun, or if I wrote better notes on what I was intending before begining.

:(

Master Knight DH 05-19-2007 11:27 AM

There are plenty of things that can tick me off, but here's what is, at the moment at least, getting on my nerves the most:

*Girls accusing me of stalking them when I don't
*Chauvinists
*Girls preferring the chauvinists over me
*Girls being shallow liars
*Did I mention girls accusing me of stalking them when I don't?

GrimTheLost 05-19-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Knight DH (Post 44358)
There are plenty of things that can tick me off, but here's what is, at the moment at least, getting on my nerves the most:

*Chauvinists
*Did I mention girls accusing me of stalking them when I don't?

I hate it when a girl stalks me. That is irritating.

kageri 05-19-2007 11:57 AM

I hope everyone can take heart in the fact that they don't live in Arizona. It's been 100+ degrees here since like April. It's really annoying because I can't even go outside without disintegrating.

One Radical Dude 05-19-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kageri (Post 44363)
I hope everyone can take heart in the fact that they don't live in Arizona. It's been 100+ degrees here since like April. It's really annoying because I can't even go outside without disintegrating.

My older brother used to live in Phoenix, so he understands what you're going through. I've only been to Arizona once, and yes, it feels bad, even at night. Then again, it's bad where I am during the hottest part of the year. :P

some guy you dont know 05-19-2007 12:15 PM

the fact i failed algebra this year ticks me off alot. yes, that would be an F. that wouldnt be as annoying if i didnt get a's or b's on pretty much everything else

Mr. Marshmallow 05-19-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 44071)
Back on the subject of heat for a moment, my air conditioner decided that today would be a good day to die. It's around 85 degrees outside, and the humidity is high. The building manager has been called but I've been informed that he's out sick.

Cassini is greatly displeased. >:(

I am SO sorry to hear that, trust me, I know how sucky the heat thing is. My whole family thinks I overreact when it comes to hot weather but I just physically cannot tolerate it. It just makes my body ill all over and heat also leads to another joyus thing that ticks me off: sunburn >:(.

This is kind of one thing but it sort of leads into a list but things that tick AND piss me off are girls who judge you by your:

-shoes
-hair
-car
-taste in TV
-body built (muscles)
-extracarricular activities
-and where you live

Of which, I have been criticized in all of these areas.

taranchula 05-19-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kageri (Post 44363)

Thanks for the heads up, in that case I hope the air conditioner at the Phoenix Airport doesn't break down, when I am there for a near three and a half hour layover on the way to San Diego this July. 8D

Oh now that I think about it, there's something that ticks me off....near three and a half hour layovers. :p

pitbulllady 05-19-2007 04:23 PM

One of the many things that tick me off is for someone to pull out in front of me while I'm driving(especially when I'm already in a bit of a rush to get somewhere by a certain time), from some side road, like they're on their way to a fire, and THEN drive 30 miles-per-hour BELOW the posted speed limit!

It also BEYOND ticks me off to see someone deliberately make an effort to run over an animal that either crossing the road, or on the side of road, ESPECIALLY if it's a snake or a turtle. I can almost understand why a snake, since so many ignorant/stupid people fear them because some ARE potentially dangerous, but a TURTLE?? What's a turtle gonna do to anyone? That's one situation where I often wish I had a gun turrett mounted on the hood of my car, to take out some idiots and make the whole world a better place for all!

pitbulllady

Master Knight DH 05-19-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimTheLost (Post 44359)
"Originally Posted by Master Knight DH

*Chauvinists
*Did I mention girls accusing me of stalking them when I don't?"

I hate it when a girl stalks me. That is irritating.

Geh? My beef is that too many girls refuse to try to like me. Okay, so I have any number of flaws, but I can be sure I'm better than chauvinists. Why are they going with that "he's my flawed person" logic only with them? Dx And what the blazes is up with that stalking accusation bunk anyway? They throw that at me when they enjoy being pushed into the girls' bathroom by other boys? WTF? Just....WTF?

GrimTheLost 05-19-2007 06:49 PM

Actually the kind of girls that stalk me have Psycho type problems. Like they all need to belong to my cities crazy house.

CG 05-19-2007 06:50 PM

Guys, I don't think that kind of subject is suitable for this forum. Problems about 'psycho type problems' and alleged stalking accusations isn't something I want to see listed here anymore. Whether it ticks you off or not; keep it to a personal matter speaking with each other about it. Okay? Okay.

GrimTheLost 05-19-2007 06:59 PM

Sorry.

Master Knight DH 05-19-2007 11:23 PM

Oh shoot. Well, I'm making a complaint because I'm sick and tired of many girls showing some lousy preference, and showing they're spoiled rotten as a result. How do they prefer chauvinists over people like me, partymember, and Cassini anyway? I don't even need to get started about partymember and Cassini, and as for my case, enough of the problem can be attributed to me being typical about being a baby of the family so improvement can happen, but one can't really expect that to happen in the case of a chauvinist since they're showing too much confidence.

So, yeah, sorry.