Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Humans (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Frankie Foster discussion thread (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1860)

Mr. Marshmallow 08-04-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n (Post 52874)
I guess she could find someone reliable to take care of Fosters for her, but since none of us forum members exist in the Fostersverse, that'd be hard going.

Heh, now there's an interesting thought. Me personally though, I don't think I'd be able to lift a washcloth up without Frankie around.

If I'm in the Fosterverse, caretaker or not, Frankie is definitely getting a visit from me 8D.

Cassini90125 08-04-2007 05:20 PM

Stars, I can see us showing up as a group and leaving her a bit freaked out while Bloo says, "How sweet, fresh meat", or something like that, and Eduardo shrieks "AAAAAAHHHHH! FANBOYS!!!" and plows through a wall. 8D :-[

Mr. Marshmallow 08-04-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 52884)
Stars, I can see us showing up as a group and leaving her a bit freaked out while Bloo says, "How sweet, fresh meat", or something like that, and Eduardo shrieks "AAAAAAHHHHH! FANBOYS!!!" and plows through a wall. 8D :-[

I think as long as we don't go at it like Adam and Douglas did and have real life space out fantasies when she walks by or something, she'll be fine. I admit though I think she'll be pretty weirded out seeing a legion of people dedicated to her.

Though in the long run I think she'll find it most flattering and would accept people as individuals and not write them off as nut jobs....so long as no one like goes nuts if she touches someone and he/she goes "She touched me" or something like that.

Or...if they say she's not punk rock 8D sorry Frankie I couldn't resist.

Howard 08-04-2007 08:13 PM

I don't think Frankie knows what REAL punk rock is - she is not a poser, but just does not have a grasp on some of the real groups of the past.

Cassini90125 08-05-2007 12:22 AM

Honestly, I'm not too clear on what the term means. I like what I like, from Brahms to the Beatles, and seldom worry about what genre the audiophiles classify it as.

kageri 08-05-2007 08:48 AM

I don't know what it is either, but I sort of doubt orange-and-blue sneakers or anything Powerpuff Girls related qualify.

Howard 08-05-2007 10:23 AM

Punk supposedly started in England, and New York. It was an attitude. It depended on what you listened to. Most punk rock come out of all the younger generation getting tired of Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Who, Doobie Brothers, etc., and they wanted to make their mark with their attitude, dress, and music (underground). The three most famous bands were Sex Pistols, The Damned, and The Clash. Many others would follow by the end of the '70's and into the mid- 80's (The Cramps, Dead Kennedys, Souxie and the Banshees, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.). Before I came back to my musical roots, I was in a punk band called the Strychnines.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125 08-05-2007 11:44 AM

Interesting. I've heard that the Rolling Stones are often considered by some to be the original punk band. Now they're a corporation, but that's another story. Regardless, I don't think Frankie gets to listen to a lot of music unless she has a walkman or iPod or some such thing. Keeping on top of all the cleaning in the house undoubtably requires mobility, running from one spill to the next; even a small portable stereo wouldn't really be practical. I'd assume she does most of her listening during her down time, limited though that may be.

Medikor 08-05-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 52833)
Not sure if anyone really realizes this but I was watching "Setting a president" recently and I noticed something kind of surprising about Frankie after she became president and something crucial about Mr. Herriman. Herriman has always been president and he actually never did ANYTHING.

I'm sure that Mr. Harriman does his share. I bet it's just the boring stuff that would likely go over the heads of younger viewers. He was very hands on when it came to securing those "financial gifts".
He also seems to do a lot of the paper work regarding the coming and going of imaginary friends. And he obviously does some work since he was getting frustrated at the scribbles for ignoring his system. And let's not forget about how he makes sure that there is always enough money to get every resident of Fosters one gift for Christmas.
I'm not trying to say that he's more important than Frankie or viceversa but that he does do stuff to help keep the house going.
Sorry about that. We can get back to our favorite redhead now.;)

floppynoodleson666 08-09-2007 07:42 PM

punk rock is bullcrap. not that it isn't good, but really any band at anytime can sound as generic as the Ramones, as horrible as the Sex Pistols, or as schizophrenic (in a political/musical way) as the Clash. I figure the most punk Frankie would listen to are bands on or formerly on Epitaph Records, like Rancid and Bad Religion. Otherwise she would listen to pop-punk bands.
I would like to see an actual list, sanctioned by Craig McCraken himself, of the bands Frankie likes. You know, to show us how harcore she is. Maybe she likes Crass or the Subhumans, but I would doubt it.